Chapter 1

"Oh come on Amber!" My best friend, Jade, exclaimed. "Just go to the party after the game! It'll be fun!"

"I don't know..."

"Whatever. I'll have fun without you."

She always did that to me. She constantly attempts (poorly) to guilt trip me. And.....it always works.

"Fine. I'll go," I stated as I crossed my arms, pouting.

Jade squealed with excitement, clapping her hands. She had gone though hell trying to get me an invitation to Nathan's annual Homecoming Party. Honestly, the party scene isn't really my thing. To make my best friend happy though, I realized it was best if I went.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm so glad you could make it!" Nathan, the host of the century, shouted over the music as Jade and I walked into his humongous house.

"Thanks for inviting us!" Jade yelled back, pulling him close so he could hear better.

I stood a few feet away, feeling slightly awkward. To be completely honest, I have had a crush on this guy since my freshman year. He's never noticed me before, but I was certainly noticing the way his jeans hung a little low and how his shirt spread tightly across his baseball player's chest. These rampant thoughts were causing me to become short of breath, so I stepped away into the kitchen in search of a drink.

Some kid, I don't even know who, forced a solo cup of watered down beer in to my hand. I had no choice but to gulp half of it down, so down it went.

Just then Jade caught up to me.

"Okay. Nate was SO into you!" She squealed.

I pinched her arm. "Shh! Before someone hears you!" I looked around nervously before pulling her into a quiet hallway of the big mansion. "And besides...he was not."

Jade's eyes rolled but she giggled. "Okay then chickadee, you just believe that."

Nate walked through the door suddenly and strode over to us. I quickly hushed Jade.

"Hey Amber! You disappeared so quickly, I didn't get to show you around. Mind if I steal you from Jade?"

He glanced between the two of us and Jade nodded. I mimicked her and I turned out of the hallway with Nate, seeing Jade's eyebrows bounce sassily before I could no longer see her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that's the whole tour," Nate smiled down at me due to him being taller.

"Wow! You're house is so beautiful..."

Nate looked around and tapped his forehead as if forgetting something. "I didn't show you the attic!"

"The attic?"

"Yeah! It serves as another bedroom. Follow me." He started walking down another hallway before opening a smaller door that led to an almost hidden staircase.

We walked up the stairs into a room with a bed in the middle of a wall. On one side there was a nightstand with a lamp, and on the other, a bookshelf. The wall across from the bed had a desk with another antique lamp and a window next to it.

"Wow...." I glanced around, trailing my fingers along the soft, elaborate bed spread.

"I know right?" Nate said obviously impressed himself. "Come here..." His voice trailed off gently, suddenly becoming serious.

I hesitantly tip-toed over to Nathan and sat on the bed next to him, making sure there was a decent amount of space between us.

All in one motion, the adorable boy sitting next to me, the one I've wanted since I was fourteen, closed the gap between us. He gently pressed his lips to mine, the passion between us growing quickly. After what seemed like such a long time, we both pulled away.

"That was...."

"Yeah..." I grinned. Nathan mimicked my expression before getting up and shutting the door, quietly clicking the lock. He made his way back to me, wrapping an arm around my waist and laying me on the bed, crawling over me and pressing his lips to mine once again.