Chapter 3: Under the Night Sky

The day went easy to them just as how the sun ran away from the fields.

The two now were lying in the Bermuda grass of the low hill behind Elisse's grandparents' house. They watched the wide night sky. Witnessing about three shooting stars that already have passed. "Elisse-shii.." Ho Seok started. "When will your grandparents come home?"

"They say they'll be back by the weekend." Elisse answered with eyes still focused above. "Why'd you asked?"

"Actually, I have nowhere to go." He frowned.

"H-Ho Seok.." She faced the boy to see he has closed his eyes. "Y-you can stay here.. If you want."

"..."

"Hey, Ho Seok.." She poked his belly. "Are you asleep?"

"Elisse.. How well do you know me?"

"As far as what my confidence tells me, I know you by about seven fingers in my two hands. I was fifteen when I entered the KPOP world. I don't know what kind of spirit urged me but when I started fangirling, I cut my hair just like Dara's. You recognize it? That cut where half of your head has o.2-inch length of hair and the other half was where the two-ruler-long hair were clinging. My hair color back then was purple with pink high lights. Okay, I admit I look so weird. From then on, I started collecting KPOP merchandise. I have a lot of VIP light sticks, it's because I love color yellow. And of course, I like BigBang's music. When I was sixteen.." Elisse started telling her kPOP history to Ho Seok who listens attentively to the pretty girl. He smiles everytime she mentions about BigBang because just like her, he adores his BigBang hyungs so much.

-

"Really? You joined KPOP Starhunt Season 2?"

"Yeah. But until Auditions only. Coz unfortunately, they didn't chose me to go to Korea. Ugh! I really wanted to curse Cube Entertainment that time." She muttered while imitating the staff's actions when she rejected Elisse. Little did she knew that her actions made Ho Seok blush secretly.

Two hours later..

"When I was seventeen.." Continued the girl. This is the first time Elisse talked to a peer more than five minutes. She is well known as an introvert in her school. She just blends with the crowd. She doesn't talk too much. She's not like this before, until it all started in her fifth grade. She was always bullied for always getting numerous awards in school. She always top the class. She's good in dancing, she can play a lot of musical instruments, there never had a time that she sang out of tune. She can draw 2-D up until 3-D. It's like she's born for perfection. She's been a good child to her family. The problem is, she always wanted to be alone. Her classmates would always treat her like a trash. They're jealous of what she has. She was even exalted to be seducing the teachers so that they'd give her credits. One example of the word 'mean'. At first, she would end up crying until she was used to it. At the age of fifteen, since most of her schoolmates are influenced by K-Pop, she also, was pulled to the gravity.

"Wow, you're awesome, Elisse."

"I know." She chuckled. "And that's how I became an ARMY.. Haha. Who really caught my eye in BTs was V."

"Oh." Ho Seok managed to say. Jealous?

"Yeah. It's because I'm also an EXO-L and eventhough Kim Jong Dae is my bias, I have a little crush on Baekhyun too. Since V was linked to Baekhyun as his mother, I've searched the so-called V the netizens were talking about. Good timing, it was June 10th last year when your 'No More Dream' music video was posted just as the time I was spazzing about V. I liked the bus in your MV, you know. It's painted in dandelion and it seemed cool. When the guy, RapMon, was introducing each members, I didn't mind them - including you. It's only V whom I focused my vision. I loved his hair. Blonde. A shade of what I think, a cousin of color yellow."

"Seems you loved yellow so much."

Elisse seemed to be in her momentum that made Ho Seok left snobbed. "Wah. V really.. He's so gorgeous. I like his voice. It's deep but powerf~"

Ho Seok cleared his throat.

"~ful.. Are you okay, Ho Seok?"

"Of courseu.. I-I just wonder how you reacted when you already recognize me as Jung Ho Seok."

"Oh yeah. That's where I was going after V."

"Oh." Ho Seok smiled. "By the way, who's your bias in our group?"

"Mmmmm. Jin!" She lied.

"...."

"He's a boyfriend material, right? Right? Is he really a good cook?" She bit her lip. "Wah. I sometimes feel bad about your PD-nim for giving him short lines and exposure on your MVs. But still, I like him."

"..."

"Are you asleep, Ho Seok?"

"..."

-

Next morning..

"Elisse-shii." Ho Seok called his friend by the time he felt something ticklish on his leg. As eyes were still closed, he continued to chuckle. "Yah, Elisse, stop. Eiik. Stop."

"Ruff-ruff-ruff!"

"Noble eggs with mayonnaise mixed with banana ketchup, get lost, you freaking ugly barking creature!! Ommaaaa, helpeu!"

"Wow. Just wow. Thank you for being my alarm clock today but no thanks, I don't have class later. Now, shut up."

"Woman, didn't you teach your dog how to treat well foreign visitors? I thought Filipinos are hospitable?" Pouts. "Seems I gathered false infos from the internet. Should I change my search engine? Google seems to be unreliable now."

"Hey!" The now-fully-awake Elisse pulled a handful grass from the ground and threw it against the guy in front of her. "Take your words back! Filipinos are good people. And for the record, Botchok is a smart dog." The girl looked at the sweating Ho Seok holding his breath so hard then burst out to laughing. "Pfft. Scaredy cat. Hahaha."

"Me? Huh! Never."

"Tsk. I don't remember I mentioned any name related to yours. Affected much?"

"Huh? Me? I doubt I am."

"Pffft. Hey, Botcho~!"

"Okay, you win!" Poor Ho Seok surrendered.

But Elisse looks so happy teasing her friend like.."Botch~!"

"I said you win!" The guy screamed and ran away. "Ommaaaa!"

Elisse was left at the hill laughing her ass off. But, "We slept here?"

"Elisse-shiii! I'll do all what you waaaaanteu! Just get this furry four-legged mammal off of my butt! I'm going nuts here!" The young lady kept giggling on the ground seeing her idol dashing wherever just to get rid of the playful Labrador.

"Botchok!" She called.

"Ruff-ruff-ruff!" The dog, as usual, everytime it hears a familiar lovely voice, it goes to where the owner of the voice is. "Hey." She started caressing the dog's white fur. "Please be gentle with the my boy, okay? If he's hurt, it's hurting me too."

The dog shook its body for disagreement.

"Pssh. I think it's time to be friend with Swiper the fox. My Botchok seems to be hard-headed these times."

"Ruff-ruff-ruff!!" The dog motioned circles in Elisse's leg begging for forgiveness and the Labrador is just too cute to be resisted so she lifted and kissed it on the forehead just as when Ho Seok came near to them.

"Aw! Censored!"

Elisse's eyes threw daggers on Ho Seok's and "want a second round for marathon?"

"Goodmorning, too, sunshine!"

ㅆㅆㅆㅆㅆ

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! How was the introvert's change of personality? It's because of you, Ho Seok! Waah.