Chapter 1 : A Recon Mission

It was one month before the Doctor took over the world. The first time I encountered him.

____________________________________________________________

"Shadow, we're got a report from the Intelligence Division. They've located an unknown base of aperations that seems totally outside the chain of command for Eggman's army." Rouge informed through a communicator. "There's a large scale troop presence...suspiciously large for a place with no strategic value." She added.

"I can't imagine the Doctor would do something like that without reason." Shadow replied.

"No kidding. And there's a rumor going around that ol' rotten Eggman has been developing some kind of a new weapon, so..."Rouge said trailing off slowly.

"Yeah. Looks like this won't be your garden variety recon mission." Shadow stated.

"Do it to it, Shadow." Rouge teased. "Oh and, Omega went on ahead of you, so you can link up with him on sight." She added.

"I'm more then enough on my own. I'll handle things my way." Shadow responded.

Rouge let out a small laugh. "Omega said the same thing. You two go together like chill and hot dogs!" She stated.

"Cut the chatter. I'm on my way." Shadow stated.

"Alright, I'll make sure to track you on the map." Rouge replied. In just about a minute Shadow was destination needed. "That area is enemy territory, keep going Shadow." Rouge exclaimed.

"Got it." Shadow answered.

Another voice soon joined in. "E-123 Omega here. Extermination proceeding without incident. No problems to report." Omega explained.

"Extermination? This is supposed to be a recon mission! You can't go making a big scene!" Rouge commanded.

"You should of know better then to send Omega to a mission like this." Shadow stated."

Before Rouge could say anything else. Omega suddenly came in on the other line in a panic. "Unknown hostile encountered! Rouge, come in! Position coordinates lost! Current location unknown!" Omega exclaimed.

"Omega!? What's going on!? Respond!" Rouge stated.

"This is E-123 Omega. All sensors offline. Damage to parietal lobe region. Casualty report: Rouge fallen. Shadow to be eliminated!" Omega spoke.

"Omega, what happened!? What's going on over there!?" Shadow asked.

"Unidentified system intrusion. Emergency withdrawal! I'm E-123 Omega, the most powerful--" Omega started to say before his voice began to glitch and turn all sorts of different pitches before just stopping.

"What the? Omega? Hello??" Rouge asked.

"Rouge, quiet! There's someone up ahead..." Shadow started to say before trailing off slowly.

Another voice could soon be heard in the distance. He laughed. "The world's most powerful robot was no more a challenge then Crabmeat. As I suspected, this power is without peer. It is the ultimate strenght!" It says. They paused for a moment before speaking again. "Ah, and still more wonderful. A not-so-tall, dark, and brooding guest has arrived. I've been waiting for you, Shadow." They said.

"Tell me what you did to Omega!" Shadow growled.

"Weaklings like him are of no consequence. Come now, Shadow. Our long awaited reunion and yet you still spout such nonsense." It exclaimed.

"I don't know you, and the only thing of no consequence around here is that big mouth of yours." Shadow replied.

"Ah yes, I suppose you would think so." It said with a chuckle. "I'm Infinite. You say you do not know me, and yet I remember you so very well." Infinite added.

"To you, it was simple another in a long list of Eggman bases you tore down without a second thought."