Chapter 2 : I'm Not Weak!

~~A Couple Of Months Ago~~

Shadow P.O.V

I sprinted into the facility faster then the speed of sound. My mission is to take this base out. After a moment a loud alarm started to go off.

"We've got an intruder! Shadow has entered the facility!" The Doctor voice came over on a speakers that were placed around the facility. "Defense squad jackal has already been completely annihilated! All available troops, intercept that blasted hedgehog by any means necessary!" He continued. I still proceeded forward though, ripping through everything in my path. "I went through great pains to get the best mercenaries around. But yet that bastard still completely destroyed my defense squad! Shadow!!" The Doctor yelled angrily over the speakers.

"Hmph, should of hired some defense squad for the defense squad, eh, Doctor?" I said with a chuckle.

"Unbelievable! He's getting deeper and deeper into the facility! That computer running analysis in the core is invaluable. One of you idiots, STOP THAT HEDGEHOG NOW!" The Doctor yelled.

Despite the Doctor rambling and raving, I continued to make my way into the facility. "Shadow is still alive!?!?!?" The Doctor yelled as I made my way towards the core. "Ugh, at least the analysis of the stone was completed yesterday...but...No! I still can't let this facility be destroyed! Is there anyone left out there!?" The Doctor said continuing to rant on about something. I wasn't really sure what though. Hm, seemed like this place must be important. I though to myself. Oh well. I needed to complete the task given. I quickly stood to the side of a large pole and reported the work I had done and what to do next.

Infinite P.O.V

I quickly jumped from the top of each pole that helped keep together the facility. I needed to find this intruder The Doctor was talking about. He destroyed my squad!

"Hey you! I know you can hear me!" Eggman's voice said angrily over my voice transmitter. "You're captain of squad Jackal, aren't you! Your squad was useless. GO CLEAN UP THEIR MESS ALREADY!!" He yelled.

"Yeah, yeah...I got it." I growled before turning off my voice transmitter. "You... You destroyed my squad." I said as I looked at the intruder, a black and red hedgehog. "I'll show you why they call me the ultimate mercenary!" I snarled before charging straight at the intruder.

Right before I could hit him though he suddenly disappeared out of sight. "W-What!?" I asked shocked right before the intruder teleported behind me, punching me up into the air. He then teleported above me again spinning once before kicking me to the ground. Then he teleported in front of me one last time and round house kicked me into the wall with such force in made a large dent in wall, making part of the facility crumble. I tried to stand, but I just couldn't. I couldn't believe it, I had been defeated.

The black and red hedgehog stepped up on a large stone that had fallen from the facility's structure when he had knocked me into it. "Worthless." He said with a disgusted look on his face. "Don't show your pathetic face around me ever again." He added sternly before looking away from me and beyond the horizon. He then teleported out of sight, just leaving me there...yrt sparing my life. I just starred at the ground blankly. I was shaking.

"Me? Me... Afraid. Pathetic? He's calling me weak!?" I growled slowly standing up. "No! I'm not weak...I am not weak!" I snarled. The nerve of that bastard...destroying my squad...and then just leaving me behind. If I couldn't avenge the rest of my squad then I should of at least suffered the same fate. No...I'll get my revenge. And not just on that hedgehog...but everyone!!! Except for her.

So, that day. I gave up my own unsightly face. I let go of the old me...the one that was so weak, so that I could become stronger. Then finally...finally, I obtained power... The power to make all yield to my will. I was reborn!!