Prologue: The three gifts

The day has never been gloomy. A whiff from the evening air forebodes the very essence of a bad omen. Flowers didn't bloom that day, and animals went into hiding.

          Soon, the rain began to pour, the darkening skies indicated a powerful storm is coming. The rain started, as the tiniest drizzle, but quickly began to expand to the biggest droplets, the rain empowering every second. 

          The village of Savaren was deeply affected. Citizens went into their homes to take shelter from the rain. The market, empty of vendors and traders, was bombarded by a knee-tall flashflood. Thankfully, the village conduit traversed the flood away, into the river nearby.

          Nothing was heard, nothing but the pitter-patter of the rain and the endless flowing of water. With the sun covered, the day quickly became darker. 

          As night is falling, in a dimly lit room, the 'keeper' stays. The inn had little to offer, for a traveler like him. Only a table, a chair, a couple of nightstands, three candles, and a bed. With a candlelit, he looked out the window. With the villager houses lit, the rain made it seem wholesome. Sighing, he went to sit on the chair, pulling out his book and a quill. Setting the candle on the table, he started writing.

          Nothing. Still nothing. No good soul fit for the three gifts. With the 'darkness' nearing and the 'Absolute' expecting me to give these gifts in time, I am at loss. I have to give these fast. But so far, no one is suitable. I can't fail again. I can't..."

          He stopped writing, gripping the quill tightly. Silence. Nothing but silence. He looked at the window, at the rain outside. 

            "I better choose, even one can deliver a great purpose. Just one can be enough. But which?" He asked himself.

          "Which of these three will be enough? The gift of Creation, gift of Destruction or the gift of Balance?"

          The keeper was at lost. Each gift was truly unique and giving one of each can bring both the good and bad. The gifts were given by the 'Absolute' and had entrusted him to give them to three worthy mortals. But with time running out, he has to pick, fast...

________________________________________________________________________________