Chapter 2- Mama say dont waste precious food!

The next day I was walking down the hallway of Summerville high with my fingers crossed hoping that I didn't saw Cedric. But due to faith I would eventually see him.
Hearing everyone talking about the party and how I wanted to kiss the cute guy made me feel low and disgusted about my self.
I nodded my head as I tried to block out all the negative comments.
I walked across the boys locker room and saw Cedric, he was shirtless but I tried not to drooled over his six packed abs. Which was something unable to do because he was looking stunning.
He was about to put on his school jersey as his friend touched him and he looked up on me and smirked.
I turned my head instantly and carried on to class.

•••

It was now lunch break and as usual I sat in the back alone.
Being on a balance diet I only had one red shiny and juicy apple , salads and a bottle of water.
Aiming to take up my apple as the popular and rich girl Cindy Hamber , who is also known to everyone as Cedric's girlfriend (The Power Couple) grabbed it up.

"So I heard you tried to kiss my boyfriend last night at my friends party" she says as she took a crunchy bit in my apple.

I clenched my jaw since this was the last apple they had and this was a huge part of my meal. I nodded and looked at her fiercely without saying anything.

"Oh you don't got the guts to respond now huh? You sneaky little hoe , fooling everyone to think that your so innocent" She placed my apple at the edge of the table then slapped it off "Oops" she says chuckling while covering her mouth.

Oh no she didn't just do that. I was now over the table pulling on her hair throwing her down on the floor flat on her back.
Truth about Cindy Hamber she only can talk but she can't put in the action unlike me I don't talk much I just do observations.
A fist connected her jaw and everyone stood to their feet, taking out their smartphones videoing.

"Mama said don't waste precious food , you don't know when you might need it" I finally say as I gave her another strong boned fist across her fist.

She groaned in agony.  As I was being pulled off her by the security guards who escorted me to the principals office.
I knew I was in big trouble either I got a detention or a suspension , but either which I'm willing to take.
I sighed heavily as the principal inserted my moms phone number on her telephone machine.

•••

A few minutes later my mother came and sat next to me facing the principal.

"I don't know what kind of behaviour you accommodate with in your household but I will not tolerate it in my school" Principal Webly says to my mother

I nodded at the principals rude comment.
My family might not be a100 percent but it is okay.

"I'm sorry sir this will not happen again, am I right?" My mother says to the principal as she nudged me

"Yes sir , it won't happen again" I spoke up

"Good , now for your punishment I know you haven't broken any of the rules before but you still have to be disciplined" principal webly says as he pressed the buzzer for the (DOD) dean of discipline.

After a minute or two the dean of discipline came and we followed him to his office.

"What's your name?" He asks as we took a seat

"Courtney Honest" I say as he opened his book and writes my name down

"Courtney Honest? What a genuine name you have" he says with a slight chuckle

"Yes sir" I say

He nodded and stamped the paper then handed it to my mother. My mothers eye widen when she seen that I got a 2 day suspension.

"I normally give my students who fight a 3 day suspension but since it's your first time I won't be hard on you , hope this doesn't happen again" he say as he closed his book

"No sir thank you" I say

"Go back to the principals office and let him signs it" he says as me and my mother stood to our feet and walked through the doors heading straight to the principals office.

Principal webly signed it and me and my mother left his office.
Can you believe that they gave me a suspension and let Cindy hamber walked free.
It is expected because she is rich and she let her money do the talking for her.
But she is still to be disciplined.

"Courtney?" I hear someone shouting as we came out

I was already upset to the fact that I had to stay home.
I turned around slowly and saw Cedric.
I shake my head as I held my mothers hand.
Last night it was clear to me that he didn't knew we went to the same school.
But today he knew my name ? How unbelievable, I murmur to myself.
I hurried out of the school building and got in my moms 2008 cherry QQ car.
I know it's oddly old , since we are almost hitting the year of 2020.
But I don't mind because that's what my mom can afford and I know how hard she work just to take care of me and her bills.
My mom worked at the library in the days not everyday though and she has a night job at a diner where she served customers going around in skate shoes which is earth cracking why can't you just wear ordinary shoes.
I don't question their judgment though.
She switched the ignition on and we sped off as we reached the high way my mom looked over at me.

"Did you get a good hit?" She asks

I turned and looked at her.
"Well this was unexpected but yes" I say

She chuckled "good, now I think the suspension was worth it and I'm proud of you that you finally gain the courage to stand up for yourself" she say

A smile creeped up on my face , I knew my mother would stood by me no matter what and I'm glad she's not like those other moms.

"Well that's because she wasted good food" I speak as we both cracked up laughing.