F O U R

🐞 🐈

Marinette sat behind Adrien in class the next morning, just like she did everyday.

Today though, she'd noticed that something was different about him.

He seemed to be slightly on edge about something. He kept fidgeting with his fingers and whatever else he had on hand. His leg kept bouncing up and down, anxiously and he was constantly turning his head, looking towards the back of the class.

Adrien looks like something is bothering him, maybe I should see if he's okay after class, Marinette thought to herself.

Once the teacher handed out the assigned worksheets for today's lesson, she allowed the class to work together quietly in small groups.

Of course, Alya, Nino, Adrien and Marinette all chose to work with each other and once they were done with their papers, they decided to use the spare time to catch up on the latest gossip.

"Okay guys, did you hear that there was an Akuma attack yesterday?" Alya started.

"That's right, Ladybug and Chat Noir saved us, once again." Adrien spoke with a hint of a smirk on his face.

"Correct. But get this, Nino and I were watching Kali all afternoon, and we had eyes on her the whole time." The red head went on. "Except, as soon as the Akuma attack started, we lost her."

Marinette sighed. She knew this was only going to make her friends investigate Kali further and she felt bad for the other bluenette. It couldn't be nice to be constantly accused of being someone you're not, but what could Marinette do?

It wasn't like she could flat out deny that Kali was Ladybug without any sort of explanation.

Then, an idea struck.

"I still think we need more proof." Said Marinette. "How about I keep track of Kali for today, and if there is another Akuma and she suddenly disappears again, well, two times can't be a coincidence."

"Good idea, Mari." Said Alya.

Adrien paused for a moment after hearing Marinette's idea. "I thought you were busy with the fashion competition?" He questioned.

"Oh, uh, I still am... but my designs are pretty much ready now and only need a few little finishing touches. I was just going to have a little time off from all of it and what better way than to help my friends with their Ladybug search?"

The blonde boy smiled. "Well in that case, would you mind if I came along with you to keep an eye on Kali? It could be fun and we'd get to hang out?"

Before Marinette could even consider saying no, Alya and Nino stepped in.

"Yes! That's a great idea!" Called out Nino.

"Marinette would love to. You guys can watch Kali together!" Said Alya.

"Perfect. I'll meet you at the staircase after school and we'll go from there. I will just have to ask Nathalie if I'm able to go but it should be fine since I don't have anything on today." Adrien went on.

"Oh... U-uh..." Marinette could barely muster up a response.

Shoot. My plan is going to be difficult with Adrien around. Plus, what if there really is an Akuma and I need to transform? It could be very suspicious if I'm the one that suddenly has to disappear...