Chapter 1 - Rise and Shine

I kept on running and running. It was dark but I kept on racing through the woods. I can never stop or it will get me. It’s faster than me, stronger. I was running so blindly that I tripped on a root. I tried to stand back up and run, but my dress was hooked. No, no, this can’t be happening! I tucked it blindly, and finally it ripped off. I took a deep breath as I was about to move my legs to run, but then I heard it. Twig snaps. My head shot up to the direction of the sound... And then I saw it. A figure; a man. But his face wasn’t human’s… it was a face of a monster. I backed away as far as I could, eyeing him in fright, until I fell. That was when I screamed to the top of my lungs.

*Cassandra’s POV*

“Good morning, to you! Today is going to be a B-E-A-UTIFUL day. It is said that today is gonna be all sunshine for all of us here in Mystic Falls. Today is the BEST day for all of you to go out and breathe the fresh air and enjoy the sun. I’m gonna start this day with a song, so here it is So What by Pink!” The radio chatters waaay too happily. I turned the volume up, because it was one of my favorite songs.

 Well, this day would be B-E-A-Utiful, alright. But honestly, I hate the sunshine. It hurt my eyes a lot. It was a thing that you’d have, being a bloodsucker A.K.A vampire. I’d been around for more than three hundred years but it still hurt. I knew it was a lot better than being burnt alive, which was why I gave some credits to the daylight ring. Witches and their spells, who knew they would be so handy?

But well, fortunately, I was going to spend most of my day in the car, driving all the way to my destination. The one and only, Mystic Falls.

***

*Klaus’s POV*

I woke up early this morning wondering why I felt a bit of indignant when the bits of last night’s event came back to me pieces by pieces.

Finally, I’d retrieved three of my coffins from the vampire brothers who seek for my death to save the girl they both love. While the other coffin, on the other hand, was still held hostage by them. And one of the brothers felt obliged to undagger one of my brothers, causing even more complications for the night.

I took care of it, of course.  I explained everything to him; our mother’s death, and things about our past that he did not already know. All I could count on now is his loyalty he once swore to me. I knew he would never trust me the same way anymore. And I have never trusted him either. But I had to try.

“Morning, brother,” Elijah greeted as I went to fetch some breakfast. “Care for some breakfast?”

“Sure,” I replied, forcing my widest smile—which was definitely fake, just like this friendliness my brother showed.

“Damon Salvatore wanted to talk to me.” He started the chit-chat.

I shrugged. “It’s not surprising. He was the one to undagger you and he’d most likely negotiate a deal with you.”

“What do you think I should say, brother?” He asked for an opinion. I didn’t buy this friendly table talk.

I smirked. “Accept it. It doesn’t stop us from getting the coffin back. We’ll get it either way. A little sit-down would be nice.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, yeah. I know it's a VERY short chapter. But it is just an introduction. I know you hate me xD

Well, some of you might have already read this. I uploaded it back then, but it got somehow deleted. I'm not gonna ask if you like it or not. Too scared to see the reply xD

Oh and I need a new title. Anyone can help me? best one gets a dedication xD

So... Vote? Comment? Fan?

PS: Cover by philophobic_ Amazing aye?