The Cat's Out Of The Bag

They went to visit the vet clinic on Sunday. 

    Having Mr. Giggles with them now, Arthit had to make sure that the cat was properly vaccinated and is perfectly healthy, so he had called in advanced to book them an appointment.

    He knows that a trip to the vet would cost him a fortune, but Kongpob has taken a liking to the feline, and Arthit can pass this one as another form of his gratitude into helping him with his blueprint.

    The clinic is just a few blocks away from where he lives, so they walk. Kongpob takes in his surroundings, Mr. Giggles in his arms, just like the first time he got out of the house, and it brings a sense of comfort just watching Kongpob be curious about the world.

    His view is untainted, innocent, and Arthit thinks he can learn a thing or two from that.

    The neighbors saw them yesterday when they were off to the mall to buy Mr. Giggles some stuff, so Arthit had taken into telling them that he had recently acquired a roommate to help pay the bills – which thankfully they bought. He cant exactly tell them that Kongpob just popped out of nowhere, naked, in his living room and had just decided to take him in.

    Theyd think hes a creep.

    As they are walking, they notice a stray white dog sniffing the nearby trashcan. Now, Arthit is not a pet person perse, but he feels for the animals which doesnt have a home.

    Like this one.

    Beside him, Kongpob speaks.

    Is that a canine, Arthit?

    A dog, yes, he responds.

    Why is it sniffing the trash?

    Its looking for food,

    Kongpob then turns to him with his head tilted and brows furrowed which can only mean trouble for him if Arthit doesnt distract the alien.

    Its garbage, notes Kongpob, Theres no food in there.

    He sighs. If he tells Kongpob that the dog is a stray and doesnt have a home hes pretty sure the alien would want to keep him.

    But he doesnt know what else to tell him, so, Its just rummaging through – come on lets go or well be late.

    Arthit ushers Kongpob to move forward with a hand behind the aliens back. In Kongpobs arms, Mr. Giggles gives him a look Arthits sure is disappointment to which Arthit makes a face because, hey, its a cat and Arthit shouldnt be feeling guilty just because he ignored the stray dog.

    They walk ahead and as theyre nearing their destination, Arthit cant help but notice Kongpob trying to look back to where the dog was.

    He sighs.

    When theyre standing in front of the vet clinic, Mr. Giggles starts fussing in Kongpobs hold.

    He doesnt like this place, Arthit,

    No shit, he mumbles.

    They go inside the clinic and is greeted by the receptionist. Arthit informs her that they have an appointment to which the girl smiles sweetly at him before looking behind him where Kongpob is busy placating their cat.

    Their cat.

    Arthit has just referred Mr. Giggles as his and Kongpobs.

    Its Kongpobs cat not his, but if hes paying for everything then Arthit might as well share custody of the feline.