Don't Leave Me

Lisa's always prided herself on her ability to hide her emotions from pretty much anyone, but when Jennie comes to her one day and asks if she's okay – "if you're really okay, and tell me the truth, Lis," – she figures that there are changes that need to be made, asap.

Like toning down the moping, for a start, and cleaning her apartment, and actually going somewhere that isn't work or the ramen place down the street.

And okay, she's not a complete mess. She still hangs out with Jennie, and sometimes G-Dragon – though she's not sure if he counts since he's her boss – and she even makes conversation with the managers at work like, once a week, so. She's doing fine.

Except she's not. She knows she's not. And Jennie does too. Which is why they're both currently sitting on Lisa's bedroom floor trying to sort out her dirty clothes from her clean ones.

Jennie throws her a black shirt which is turning grey and tells her to put it onto the dirt pile, and Lisa sighs.

"You've thrown this to me three times now Jen, I'm–"

"–It needs to be washed!"

She looks down at the fading white letters on the once-black background of the shirt, running her fingers over the letters on the "Gang" logo. The other matching t-shirt with "Girl" written on it missing.

"Lisa!" She jumps, looking up at Jennie who is now standing above her, looking down at her with her arms crossed and a stern look on her face.

"What?"

"Put it in the laundry basket."

"I..." She knows she has to. She knows keeping the shirt that still has the faint smell of Chaeyoung on it is a bad idea, especially when she's been doing so well. (As well as she can, given the circumstances.)

But it's not her fault, really.

It's not like she kept the shirt on purpose just because it smells like her. It's not like she thinks of her when she's trying to sleep at night – still trying to adjust to a life without someone sleeping beside her for the first time in years. It's not like she purposely thinks about the kiss that Chaeyoung left on her lips in the doorway of their home – her home – before she left for good. An unspoken promise of 'I love you, I always will' lingering in the air – neither of them being brave enough to say it.

She always was a little afraid of love. She hates that the one person who she thought would never hurt her has rekindled that fear.

More than ever, she hates that she can't go a day without thinking about her; wondering how she's doing and if she misses her too; if she even thinks about her at all, and if she ever loved her in the first place.

She knows she did.

Maybe she still does.

"Lisa."

She can't think about that though. It's not fair.

"Happy?" she asks Jennie, throwing the shirt into the laundry basket, causing the pile of clothes to topple over. She hears Jennie sigh and she immediately knows what's coming.

"Maybe–"

"–Don't. Can we just not do this?"

"What?"

"You– everyone... Just. You're all dancing around me. Ever since. Just.. stop it, okay?"

"We're w–"

"–Worried about me, I know, but I'm fine."

"If you're sure."

"I am."