Chapter 5: Author's Note

There was this kid that used to ask "What does love mean?" or "What is love?" No one would ever answer him, and it seemed like an inside joke with the others. Years after all of them graduated and moved away for college, the question still resided in me, what does love really mean? I then start to think of what could fill that gap, I tell people "I love you," and I mean it every time, but there was at one point in time were I was too young to grasp it.

I attend church regularly and they teach us about love, how God loves us, how Jesus loves us. How Jesus emphasis to love others and how we are to live that in our own lives, and share that with others. The best example of love is Jesus, how he died for us, to take away our sins, and deals with us even when we are mess up.

So I thought of every relationship I have been in, (friendships, colleagues, family members, with God) and especially my crush I started to define what I thought was love, and eventually true love. Love has been around for millenniums, despite its interpretations, its intangibility, its confusing meaning, love itself is something most are familiar with however it's meaning differs for everyone, what one may experience with love would be different to someone else.

 I then realized, there is no argument on it. Love exists. What about true love? How can love exist if true love doesn't? Because if someone was "in love" but they weren't truly in love, is it love in the first place just because they called it love?

Love is something hard to describe in words, so when someone asked me "what is love?" I took the time to come up with this.

Love: (my definition) to care for someone enough to put them first and help them before your needs; to want them in your life because you think it is beneficial to both parties; to care for them enough that they fill your mind, your dreams, changing you ambitions; to love is to laugh at the bad jokes, encourage them when their sad, dance with them when they are happy, and go in deep sorrow with them when tragedy strikes; to love is to give your all, to be there always, and do your best to not let them down and pick them up when you do.  I love my friends, my family, my pets, my colleagues, my bosses, my advisers, and especially God. The definition of love is so changing but what love is, doesn't. (circa July 24, 2014)

So, one day you will find your true love, N. Because true love DOES exist. I mean that's the purpose of the book, to show an example of true love.