Just Move On

Sam sits down on the bench, which now plagued with poisonous memories. She swings her feet back and forth staring at the empty space next to her. She remembers that day all too well, she tried to apologize but choking on the words every time she saw Katherine. Sam smiles, she didn't want to look at that day in sadness or hatred but something to remember kindly in retrospection.

Sam looks at her bag and conjures a sketchbook. Now filled with drawings of nature and anime she sketches out an outline for a face. After each stroke of the pencil she presses down a bit harder, more confident of the final product. She erases the stray marks and guidelines, adding shading and darkening the figure's bangs. Underneath Sam signs her name and writes: thank you.

***

Laney walks over and hugs Olivia. "I love you Olivia," Laney says. Laney who often choose to hid in her room instead of talk to her sister releases from the long embrace. Laney then asks Olivia about her day, listening to every word. The invisible divide between them, now deemed unnecessary to the two parties. Laney promising not to use excuses against Olivia, and to care about her sister.

***

Tyler opens his phone. He sends a short text and shoves it into his pocket. 'I hope Megan reads it,' he thought anxiously. He sits in his now shady spot after school, his phone complaining. He checks it, she had responded. Tyler unlocks his phone, "look up" it said. Tyler looks up and then around and practically screams, nearly falling. "Megan," he tries to say as calmly as possible, obviously failing, "I thought you left," practically disbelieving his own green eyes.

"I covinced my dad to stay," she responses while containing laughter. Tyler smiles, unable to contain his excitement with hints of confusion.

"How?" he asks. Megan then sits down next to him and explains in detail how she convinced her dad to stay.

***

Josh stands on the field, teams divided, and game disc in the air. Josh in his shorts and marathon shirt and misquitos bites finally acknowledge gives a short silent prayer. "Ultimate!" he screams and chucks the disc down the field, it rolls inbetween the legs of the other team and lands softly at the opposite endzone.

Everyone rushes towards the frisbee and the game begins.

***

Jess finish typing the final paragraphs of her book. For some reason she wanted it to end, to complete her writing skills, however at the same time she was sad she made that decision. There is always a story to say after the words written on the page, but she knew some of it was not meant to be read but shared in the minds of those present. She sighs, and clicks save.

*** *** ***

Hello lovable creatures, okay so this is a short final chapter. Over the course of writing this I realized that a happy ending didn't have to end their stories, their stories live on everyday, it just ends how I define True Love. I know some of you will not agree with me, and maybe you might not have understood the meaning of the book, my only reasoning is to read again later like a few weeks at least.

Also thank you to all my friends and collegues for helping me create this story. It really changed from what I original planned for this book. If you want to continue learning about my other sories, etc. check my profile.