I'm not going down that easily, so don't give up on me

1 HOUR AFTER THE BREAKUP...

she slams the car door shut just in time before she breaks into sobs. why did she do that, she threw away a perfect relationship, she let her emotions get to her, once again. Lizzie wasn't one to cry a lot but when she loses someone she loves... it's a whole different story. She didn't want to go home but she had to get some kind of sleep somehow, but how could she sleep, She just made the biggest mistake of her life. she loves Julian. for god's sake, the man just told her himself that he's already in love with her. she wanted to say it to him, she wanted there to be a day where he got down on one knee, she wanted to stand in front of their friends and say "I do". she wanted to stare down at a positive pregnancy test with him and cry tears of joy. but go, Needham, throwing it away once again.

Once she arrived at Dylan's all hell broke loose,

Dylan opened the door, "Lizzie what's wrong?"

She held back her tears, but she was losing, "Julain and I broke up"

that's all it took for Lizzie to break down in sobs.

Dylan grabbed her and hugged her, through her sobs all Dylan could make out was, "I screwed up" over and over again.

24 HOURS AFTER THE BREAKUP...

she sees his face as she walks into work, sitting at his desk, working away. he always looked so cute when he was working, he focused so much on his job and is one of the reasons why I love him so much, god I just want to run into his arms and kiss his lips. I have to talk to him, I just have to.

" Julian, can we talk?" Lizzie whispers, trying to not let anyone hear them.

"How about a little later I'm a bit busy," he says, not taking his eyes off of his work.

"sure, meet me outside after work" Lizzie whispered 

"Hey Jules, I have a question for you," Jasmine asked

"sure Miss, go for it"

"it's for my case I'm working on, the victim filed for divorce a week before she was found dead, you think he killed her out of the rage of her leaving?"

"He would be upset,it was the woman he loved, he told her he loved her every day, she just leaves him like that, I would feel terrible too, but not enough to kill her,  he still loves her dearly," he said, looking at Lizzie the whole time.

she couldn't take it, she could feel her eyes water, she had to get the hell out of there.

she sped out of the precinct doors before running into Dylan, "Lizzie?"

AFTER WORK...

Lizzie finished work at 9:00 pm that evening. the weather was terrible, pouring rain and thunder. she was eager to talk with Julian. she was going to tell him how she really felt about the breakup. She walks downstairs to see Julian waiting in the lobby for her. she held her breath and prayed it wouldn't end with her chasing after him or the other way around.

"Hey" Lizzie smiled.

"What did we need to talk about lizzie" 

"um", Lizzie started to feel scared, her hands were shaking,she was a mess.

Julian stood there, waiting for her to say something, "Lizzie, I don't have time for this" he started walking away 

Lizzie's eyes watered, "Shit" she cursed under her breath. she did exactly what she didn't want to do, she ran after him. 

"Julain please let me talk,"

he didn't stop walking, "what could you possibly want to say"

Lizzie had it, "I fucked Up Okay? I.fucked.up and I'm sorry because you didn't deserve that, you deserve to be happy".

Julian turned around, "I poured out my heart to you Lizzie, and you decided to throw it all away"

Lizzie couldn't tell if she was crying or if it was the rain, "I know I got scared"

Julain walked closer to her, "Why?"

Lizzie looked down at her feet and mumbled, "because I love you too Much"

"What"

Lizzie had enough of it, "I SAID BECAUSE I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH, I HAVEN'T SAID IT TO ANYONE IN A YEAR, AND I WAS SCARED AND NOW BECAUSE OF MY STUPID EMOTIONS, I'M STANDING IN THE POURING RAIN TELLING YOU THAT I.LOVE.YOU" 

Julain was shocked, He didn't think that she would ever say it, "Oh Elizabeth"

Lizzie stood there, gave him a nervous laugh and said, "That felt good to get off my chest"

Julian knew exactly what to do, "I have to get something off my chest too"

"Like?"

Julian got closer to her, "this", Julian Grabs her waist and kisses her deeply.

lizzie had her hands in his hair, returning this kiss. It felt so much better than yelling at each other.

Once they both ran out of air, Lizzie smiled, "I was hoping you'd do that",

Julian smiled, "I'm happy I did it"

Lizzie swayed a little, "you know, I always hoped someone would kiss me in the rain like that"

Julian smiled, "Would you like me to do it again?"

Without hesitation, Lizzie pulled him down using his coat and kissed him.

Once Lizzie broke the kiss she asked "Come Home with me"

Julian smiled, "Of couse"

little did she know, her other dreams would come true. a year after they made up, in the 11th precinct, Julian would get down on one knee in front of all of their friends, 2 months later, Lizzie and Julian would look down at a positive Pregnancy test and cry tears of joy. 2 weeks after, Julian would find his best friend, Maya, dead in her apartment, Lizzie would hold his hand at her funeral and help find her killer. 8 months later, they would  say I do, the next day, Maya Grace Cousin- Needham would be born. Lizzie had no clue that her dreams would become reality.