Prologue

"ENJOY YOUR CHRISTMAS VACATION THIS YEAR, OKAY? AND DO not-" a loud noise coming from the administrative building's now alarming the whole campus, disturbing Miss Reyes from her year-end speech for her class. But it didn't really matter because that only meant one thing for everyone: "Okay, class dismissed. See you next year."

In a matter of seconds, the once empty hallway is now filled with a crowd of restless students coming out from their classrooms and desperately searching for the nearest exit in the building.

The girl in a weird ponytail hairdo, who seemed to be in a hurry dragging another anxious student, is now making a scene in the midst of an angry mob where the former literally pushing the other students out of their way and with the latter occasionally uttering "excuse me" and "sorry" to everyone.

When they finally reached the other end of the corridor, both were gasping for air. As the girl being dragged earlier recovered from the sudden loss of breath, she instantly complained about what they have just done in there.

"I can't believe this is happening to us. Di na 'ko magtataka kung sa pasukan, may patong na ang mga ulo natin at pinaghahanap na ng mga schoolmates na nabunggo natin kanina. Bakit ka ba nagmamadali? Maaga pa naman, ah. Excited much?"

"Just shut up, okay? And don't worry, hindi ako makakasama sa wanted list nila next year. Ikaw lang."

"What do you mean? Hey, wait up! You dragged me into this mess and now you're leaving everything on me?"

"Love you too, Best! See you when you see me." The girl tried to catch up with the bus and eventually got home safely, feeling somewhat confused by the day's happenings.

*****

"You need to find her. There is no other way to escape your fate of being trapped in here but to seek the help of that girl."

Out of his own frustration, the boy almost pulled the chair in full force which might be enough to make a strange noise coming from upstairs that would probably draw the attention of the two generous woman on the other side of the house.

"Pano ko mahahanap ang babaeng 'yun kung nakakulong ako rito?"

 *****