8. Disaster🍁

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!" My dad shouted shrilly in anger while driving me back from the police station. "Now I have to pick you up from the police station!" He glanced at me in dislike. "I am feeling so proud right now!" He added every ounce of sarcasm in his tone.

"I tried my hardest to avoid that fight, alright!" I snapped back at him. "But that dick head didn't listen and started the fight."

"Yeah, right." Dad scoffed in disbelief. "So, he started the fight and you finished that. Well done! Good job!"

I leaned back my head on the headrest and sighed tiredly. "I am sorry."

"You always do those types...." My dad's annoying ranting stopped midway when he heard my heartfelt apology. "Wait! What did you say?"

"I said, I am sorry." I rolled my eyes. "Accept it, before I take it back."

"Fine!" Dad accepted my apology with a grumpy face. "I'll let it slide this time, since it was the first time."

"Yeah, yeah!" I closed my eyes.

When we reached home dad instantly started to nag about me in front of mom. Mom raised her hand to stop dad and glared at me.

"So, you fought?" She interrogated me with a serious face.

I slowly nodded my head.

"Did you win?" She asked me the next question with a calm tone.

"What type of question is that?" Dad narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

"Shut up!" Mom ordered dad coldly. Dad instantly shut his mouth. Mom shifted her attention back to me. "So, did you win?"

"Umm," I hesitated a little before giving the answer. "Yes."

"Then It's fine." Mom waved off the topic, like it was nothing.

"Are you kidding me!" Dad's eyes widened in utter shock.

"What!" Mom looked at dad calmly. "I prefer winning rather than losing."

I was trying my hardest to suppress my laugh.

"I gave up!" Dad threw his both hands in the air with surrender mode.

*************

"How is your wound?" Ian asked me concernedly as soon as I took a seat at our usual table, after my four-day suspension from the school.

"I am fine." I shrugged my shoulders carelessly as I picked up a sliced tomato from Jake's salad.

"So, I was...." George started to tell something funny, and I couldn't help but my mind drifted away somewhere else.

Alice.

I shut my eyes close and tried to gather my messed-up mind together. I shouldn't fall in love in the first place. I should've known that someone as beautiful as Alice, of course she already had a boyfriend.

What was I thinking?!

What was I hoping?!

I was such an idiot. I ran my fingers through my hair and groaned silently.

"They look so good together. It's a shame that they aren't a couple." My thoughts were interrupted by the conversation of those people behind me.

"I know right!" Someone agreed with that person. "But they always say that they are best friends, and nothing else."

Wait! Why did that voice sound so familiar?!

I looked back above my shoulder.

It was Martin and Nate.

Shoo! Go away!

Ugh! He was the last person I wanted to see right that moment.

"And also," Martin continued his conversation, "Alice said that Will is not her type."

I instantly perked my ears up.

"And Will already has a girlfriend." Who was that Will?

"I bet Will's girlfriend got jealous with Alice when she saw 'The Closest Person Of My Heart' caption with that picture." Nate giggled.

Wait!

I quickly turned towards them and slammed on the table. "They aren't a couple?"

"Umm, who?" Martin startled by my sudden question. My friends also looked at us curiously.

"Alice and that guy in the picture."

"Umm, which picture?"

"The picture, with that 'close by my heart' caption."

"Umm, no."

I sighed with relief and started to pat Martin's shoulder with affection. "Thank you buddy. Thank you so much." I turned back to my friends.

"What's just happened?" I could hear Nate ask Martin in a whisper.

"Umm, I have no idea." Martin answered dumbfounded.

"What was that?" George asked curiously.

"I am such a stupid." I grinned delightedly like an idiot.

"Tell us something new." Ian rolled his eyes.

***********

"Isaac, here's your payment." Eric handed me over my payment. "And I ordered the parts for your motorbike, they will most probably arrive tomorrow. She will be done in a few days ok?" He patted the head of my bike as he looked at me. "You can just leave it here today."

I took a look at my watch. It was really late. Of course, it was late, I was doing overtime after all.

"No, I will take her home today, it's really late now. I can't arrange a ride this late." I smiled at him.

"As you wish." He shrugged his broad shoulders and got himself busy with closing his workshop.

I put on my leather jacket and rode on my beloved horse. I could feel that she was sick. I slowly rubbed my hand on her with affection. "Don't worry, you will get fixed tomorrow."

It almost took four kicks to get started. I could feel the bike rumbling beneath me like really bad. I sighed and hit the road quickly.

I decided I would write to Emily that my bike would get fixed very soon and would ask about her camping. Everything was going fine and I was so happy and lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice the uneasiness of my ride.

The bike suddenly became unstable underneath me, shivering first to one side and then the other. Suddenly it bucked and yanked me forward. It was dragging me forcefully toward the tree area on the side of the road, and I was going too fast, uncontrollably. I desperately tried to turn the handlebar the other direction, but the sudden shift of my weight pushed the bike toward the ground with so much force, still spinning towards the trees.

Before I could grasp the chaotic situation, the motorcycle landed on top of me, roaring loudly, pulling me across the wet dirt area until it hit something hard. I desperately tried to see, but couldn't. My face smashed harshly into the grass. I tried to lift my head, but there was something in the way.

I was dizzy and confused. With the huge bike over me, and it was heavy. I clamped my hand over my sore head, and it felt warm, wet and sticky. I found out that I got a huge cut on my numb forehead and it was gushing thick blood.

I faintly groaned in dull pain as the flow of blood from my bleeding head was slowly sucking my consciousness away with it. I thought I was losing too much blood, but I felt so numb that I couldn't move a little bit. My eyes were closing as I helplessly drifted into the endless darkness.

*********

Author's Note:

Vote.

Comment.

Share.