9. Tingle🍁

Alice's P.O.V

I finished watering the plants and picked up a pink Candy Floss cautiously and carefully without hurting the plant. I sniffed the sweet fragrance to sooth my down feeling.

Hmm, I felt gratified. I slowly walked towards my laptop and checked my email for the more like twentieth times till then.

It had been ten days, last I heard from Soccer. I didn't get any letters from him, not even a single reply. I sighed profoundly as I flopped back on my bed. I felt so bored and.....lonely. I just realized that my days were so full of those letters. I gasped, did he also get bored with my letter? Oh no!

Ring...Ring...Ring...

The little bubbles full of jumbling thoughts in my head popped up by that phone call. I took a lazy look at my phone screen. It was Martin.

I quickly received the call and exclaimed happily, "Hi, Martin! Thank god you called. I was so bored." I said in a cherry tone.

Martin chuckled. "This is the first time, I hear that the city people can afford the time to get bored," he said with a fake mocking tone.

"Shut up!" I scowled at him fakely.

We were talking about our unwell grandmother who was recovering gradually and many other random stuff like...study. Martin was, you could say, a study-holic. Sometimes I really wished if I could afford a little part of his intelligent grey brain cells, that would be great.

"Oh, yeah," suddenly Martin spiked up like he remembered something important, "You remember Isaac, our school's soccer team captain. I brought you last time to watch his match."

"Yeah, I still remember him." I said, while trying to remember, "He was really good."

"Last Sunday he got into a very serious accident." He told me with a little sad voice.

I gasped, "Oh my god! How?!"

Martin detailed the incident, "Eric, the owner of the garage, where he works as a part-time job, told police that Isaac's motorbike had some problems. He was just about to replace them, in between that accident happened."

"Oh god!" I said softly. "I hope he is alright now."

"Yeah." Martin answered. "And you know what, a few days ago he was asking about your photo, which you posted with Will. He thought Will was your boyfriend." Martin laughed gleefully. "He looked so relieved, when I said no."

Suddenly I got a tingling feeling which struck me like an electric shock. All the single pieces of thoughts which were swimming into my head slowly started to attach with each other and turned into a fuzzing yet full picture of something.

Soccer.

Motorbike.

Accident.

Ten days.

Part-time owner Eric.

"Martin!" I quickly interrupted Martin, halting his train of words. "Can you give me his home address?"

"What?" he asked, confused and bewildered, "Why do you need his home address suddenly?"

"Please, don't ask any questions," I pleaded with him. "I just want to make sure of a certain thing."

********************************************

When I got off from the car, the first thing which caught my eyes was the bright green coloured gate and the fence. Exactly the one I saw in those sent pictures.

'Your gate and fence look really bright. It can help people to find your house.'

I chuckled with contented heart. When I said those words I didn't think it would help me to find Soccer's....I meant Isaac's house. I slowly opened the gate with a light creak sound and made my way to the porch. I could spot those mixed geranium plants in the front yard whose branches were covered with radiant coloured flowers. I knocked on the door softly and waited for the door to open.

The heavy dark brown door creaked open and a pretty girl with long blonde hair opened the door. She looked at me and smiled brightly, "Yes?"

"I am here to meet with Isaac," I informed her as I gave her a small smile. "I am his friend, Emily."

"Yeah, sure, come in." She opened the door wide to let me enter. "I am Abigail, by the way." She introduced herself with sparkle eyes. I nodded my head a little.

"Nice to meet you."

I slowly made my way into the house. A huge navy blue piano was adding an extra diligence look to the froy area.

"This is your piano, right?" I asked her as I looked at her.

"Yes." She had a little surprised expression on her face. "How do you know?"

"Isaac told me." I answered.

"He told you about my...piano?!" She looked more stunned than surprised.

"Yeah," I nodded my head. "He told me many things about you."

"Really?!" Her eyes widened a little.

She took me to the upstairs room in a little daze. She showed me Isaac's room.

"Nice to meet you too." She gave me an amiable smile, before she took her leave.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the dust blue door lightly.

"Door is open," a deep voice said from the inside.

I pushed the door open and entered the room slowly. Isaac was lying on his bed with a plaster on his left leg, which was hanging with a rope from the ceiling. His left hand was also covered with plaster. He leisurely looked at me and his eyes widened instantly, "Emily! Wha....how....."

I knotted my eyebrows, "So, you know me, huh?"

He stared at me for a few seconds and then nodded his head with guilt in his eyes.

"Speak." I said calmly. He took a few moments to settle, then he slowly told me everything. The soccer match, gathering information from Martin, and contact with me through Facebook.

"That's so unfair." I huffed and pouted a little.

He looked up at me with curiosity in his eyes, "How did you figure out that it's me?"

I shrugged my shoulders and grinned playfully. "I just had a tingling feeling."

************************Fin*******************************

Vote( The star button below)

comment

share