Part 2: WANNA GO BACK

PART 2: Wanna Go Back

Song of the day: Do You Wanna Go Back by Madson ^_^

"I'll go,"

you said without a drop of emotion displaying on your face. Unlike your heart and mind that was going bat-shit crazy right then.

"Awesome!! I just booked two tickets" Ji Yeon replied. Trying not to sound more suspicious than she already appears to be. You didn't bother to question her intentions because that was simply none of your concerns at the moment.

Plus she would never do anything to hurt you. Ever.

_________________________________________

It has already been three days since Ji Yeon asked about the concert. You have been trying to contact Wooyoung. Even though, because of of the time difference and his working schedule, it never worked out. The calls were full of Hello's and farewells. You missed him more than anything.

But now it was just another one of your ever-growing worries.

It's today,

The thought of seeing his face in person never left your mind. It makes your heart feel some sort of way.

The way it feels to walk into a flaming pit of fire

The way you feel at the drop of a roller coaster.

The way you feel when you see the person you once loved so dearly.

These thoughts made you feel guilty. It made you feel like a bad person.

"If Wooyoung knew what was going on in my mind right now, what would he think of me?"

There was nothing you could do besides getting past them.

Feeling all sorts of emotions as you walk into the concert hall.

"What are the chances that Ateez goes on tour here, at the same time we come to Canada??" Ji Yeon says.

"Ya... no shit"

Noticeably, you weren't feeling it. you just wanted to get over it. You needed closure, and a part of you hated that feeling. Ji Yeon was no stranger to your mood swings. She caught on quite fast. Faster than you thought. Three days faster. Somehow she knew what she was doing. Except, she didn't know the whole story.

You walk through the big brown doors into a seemingly small venue. You see fangirls falling into line behind the barricade like a bunch of tiny colonized ants. They bumped into your shoulder, passing you by as you walked among them, step by step. You look around while clinging to Ji Yeon.

"Maybe we should just go back," you say with the least bit of persuasion.

"Are you kidding me? those tickets were NOT free" Ji Yeon says with a face that only you could decipher.

You knew there was no going back.

The venue became full, there was no chance for him to see your face. Even if he did, there was no way he would recognize you. It's been too long.

Eventually and gradually, the stage became brighter as the audience became darker. This assured you, he wasn't seeing you today.

Ateez members entered the stage one after another.

You saw his silhouette.

His tall figure that was impossible to forget. You saw his face, he looked different. Different from the face that were parts of your memories.

The music began to play and the performance started. The crowd goes wild while you stare blindly onto the stage... standing still, wondering what you came here to do today. You questioned your intentions in the midst of being unable to look away from his direction.

You eyes flickering at the thought of getting closure

"What closure?"

"How is this closure?"

You thought, staring at his face full of demeanor.

You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket. you took it out slowly looking down, though your eyes could not leave the stage. You wearily look at your phone.

"Wooyoung!!!"

Your face lit up, eyes shimmered. This was the first time you were able to reach him in three days. You unintentionally jumped up and down in excitement.

You forgot all your worries and unwanted feelings.

You signaled Ji Yeon and she was telling you to get out and take the call.

The song, Utopia, was coming to an end. The members standing on the stage when Jongho approaches them while singing the last verse. It was a beautiful piece of art deserving of endless admiration.

Fan chants were echoing throughout the entire room: "Kim Hongjoong! Park Seonghwa! Jeong Yunho! Kang Yeosang! Choi San! Song Mingi! Choi Jongho! Lee Junyeong!!!"

As you were moving across the crowd making your way out, you looked at the stage for the last time. There he was... looking like the same old person that you knew.

Still, you hated him for what he did.

You have Wooyoung now.

He is waiting for you to answer. He is waiting for you. You looked away and pushed your way out through the crowd. Went out the nearest door which led you outside. It was dark, the street lights flickering and stable at the same time.

Not one single soul to be seen.

The door closed behind you as you answered the phone in a haste. "Wooyoung I miss-"

"Let's break up"

...

Frozen.

Unable to take another step.

How to react?

"Woo- Wooyoung?"

your voice, weak, surprised and baffled in disbelief.

You can still hear noises from the inside. mumbled screaming.

The music has ended.

There was silence and everything else.

"How to turn back time?"

Where did it all go wrong?"

"Why?"

Part 3~

To be continued...