Burn Nine

The situation from this morning had been resolved; Bakugou was sent home with a weeks worth of school work while he was suspended, while Midoriya and I were only given a tardy to class. Everyone in the classroom was angry with Mr Aizawa for doing that, but I could care less. As long as Midoriya was safe, that's all that matters to me. It's the least I could do to make up for what I did to him at the festival.

The first half of the day was normal as usual; Mr Aizawa going over hero laws, the usual courses like math and Japanese, but then before lunch came around, Midnight came into our class room. Mr Aizawa started to give us details about what was going on.

" Right then. Now that you're here Midnight, I'll go over a few things I meant to do shortly after the Sports Festival. What I'm passing out now are lists of different hero agencies that are interested in having you as an intern. However, please be careful on which agency you choose. A lot of third years still regret their choices, so make the right one. I'll have Midnight take over from here."

" So, for your internships, you'll need new names. You probably get what I'm going for... Hero names! Keep in mind that these names may be your name for life, so just like the internships, be careful with what you pick. I'll be passing out boards and markers for everyone, so get those creative juices flowing!"

Once I got my board and marker, I simply stared at it. The festival was still fresh in my mind, and I still had a lot of things to think over, so I can't think of a hero name. I simply wrote my real name on the board.

" Shoto"

Half the class presented their names, but I was busy watching Midoriya. I was watching to see what name he'd pick.

Once we came down to two students who had yet to present their names, but Iida finally went up and he did the same thing I did. Real name. Once he sat down, Midoriya stood up and walked up to the podium and presented his name. Everyone was surprised and a few gasped. Denki spoke up before anyone else could.

" Are you serious? Dude, that name could be your hero name for life!"

" I know, it's just that, someone told me that this name could have a different meaning. So, Deku is my hero name."

I smiled at him. He's overcoming things he used to face on his own, and since coming here he's been facing his past head on. This is a step forward for him, and I'm proud of him for that.

Lunch came around and I was sitting next to Midoriya as usual, Uraraka was talking to Iida as usual; everything seemed like it was back to normal. I don't know why, but to me it feels like something isn't right, but I don't know what. It got to the point where I asked Midoriya to come with me to the bathroom to talk.

When he entered the bathroom, I pulled him into a stall and locked it. It was evident that Midoriya was very flustered from this. However, after coming in here, I think I know what was itching at me. I think it was the kiss Midoriya gave me this morning. The place where he placed the kiss on my neck still tingled, and I think it was making me lose some of my ability to think properly.

" Todoroki? What was it that you wanted to talk about?" He barely managed to ask.

" I thought I asked you to call me by my first name. Now I have to punish you twice."

" What?!"

" This morning, you probably didn't realize it, but you kissed my neck while I was in your embrace. I think that's what has me on edge right now, so I'll apologize now in case I can't later."

I rested my chin on the crevice of his shoulder before gently gliding my lips up his neck. I gently laid a small kiss on his neck, just like he did to me, before biting down on his skin softly. He let out a small yelp, but he didn't resist. I think he wanted more just as I do. I pulled myself away from him and turned him around to face me.

" When we get back to my place, can we do it? I won't go all the way if you don't want to, I won't rush or force you."

I watched as he blushed intensely before nodding slowly. I smiled and he soon wore a small smile himself. I kissed the tip of his nose before unlocking the stall door and rushing out, Midoriya chasing after me with a big smile on his face. We ran to the classroom and I got cornered, and that's where Midoriya started to tickle me. I begged for him to stop, and eventually he did. We looked at the time and decided to head back to the cafeteria to finish our lunches.

The whole way there, we held each other's hand, not caring what others thought. I was content, Midoriya was content, the world was at bliss.

We sat down at the table, and once we looked across from us, we realized that Iida wasn't present anymore.

" He left while you guys were talking, sorry I couldn't stop him."

" No, no, he's still going through a tough time. I think we should let him have his space for a bit, we can check up on him before our internships." Midoriya reassured.

Uraraka nodded and then a slight smile came about her face.

" So, Deku, how long have you let this relationship a secret?"

Midoriya, eating his ramen noodles, nearly choked and spat some of the noddles out of his mouth. I chuckled at his flustered state.

" W-What relationship?!"

" Don't play dumb. I mean the one you have with Todoroki, dummy."

His face turned a darker red each passing second, so I decided to answer her questions.

" Since the Sports Festival."

" Seriously?! Not much time has passed since then! It wasn't until the festival started that you started talking to Deku!"

" I'd speak with him from time to time, but you're right. However, this is so I don't hurt the people I care about again."

" Oh yeah... You're referring to your match with Deku, aren't you?"

I nodded, " Yes. He's a dear friend, just as everyone else in our class is, and I intend on protecting you all."

" Deku, I'm happy for you, really, I am. I hope you two have good fortune upon your relationship."

We both thanked her, and shortly after, the three of us stood up to throw away any garbage and head back to class. The rest of the school day was a blur but my smile I wore since lunch never left the remainder of the day.

AN: And here's the second update for today. I'm really tired, I stayed up till 1:00 AM cuz I couldn't fall asleep, so if these updates either don't make sense or aren't too good but not too bad then that's why. Anyway, I hope you enjoy these chapters and I'll see you in the next one!!!

<<<To Be Continued>>>