Burn Sixteen

Once we got home, we cleaned up both ourselves and the puppy before changing our clothes and setting out some leftovers for the puppy before we left.

" I wonder what we'll do at the party." Midoriya wondered.

" I don't know, but I can hear music in the distance... Terrible music at that, what on Earth are they doing? Come on, let's get there and check it out."

I grabbed his hand and he entwined his fingers in mine, holding on tightly as we ran for the park. Once we got there, we found out why the music was so bad.

" Karaoke?" I asked.

" Looks like it, and it looks fun! Look, they even have instruments that we can play! Let's go join them, come on, Shoto!"

" Alright, alright. I'm coming."

I sighed and put my hands in my pants pockets before walking up to join Midoriya, where he looped his arm in mine. We walked up to our classmates and found Iida and Uraraka.

" Hey guys, glad you could make it!" Uraraka welcomed.

" It is a privilege to have the two of you here." Iida bowed.

" You guys didn't have to throw a party for us." I responded while rubbing the back of my neck.

" Yes we did, and besides, it was my idea anyway!" Uraraka jumped up in the air, floating into the atmosphere about two feet off the ground.

" You really didn't." I mumbled.

" Come on, Shoto. Not this again." Midoriya nudged.

" What happened?"

" He's been like this since we left UA today. He feels as though he didn't do anything to save you guys."

" Midoriya." I complained.

I looked down at the ground, hanging my head in shame and slight embarrassment. I didn't want anyone else to know what I felt except for Midoriya. However, what Uraraka said to me next shocked me.

" That just isn't true at all, Todoroki. You saved us big time. Sure you got caught and did that to you, but you held your ground and helped us escape once Deku got there. You both saved us all, and I'll say this now; you two make for a great team." She smiled.

" Even though I remained here to help the pros, I can tell from everyone else that they have your greatest thanks. That is the whole purpose of this party, to thank you both for what you did." Iida added.

I looked between Uraraka, Iida, Midoriya, and our classmates as I processed what they've said to me. To be honest, their words gave me consolation where I needed it most.

" Thank you. I guess I needed to hear that."

" No joke, Shoto. Now then! I want to sing with you! Come on!"

Before I could oppose, Midoriya started to pull me towards the rest of the class. There was a gazebo where everyone was performing on, and we got there as soon as Denki and Jiro had finished their performance.

I looked at instruments they had and settled for a guitar, as I would play guitar in secret during my childhood. I plucked the strings and quickly tuned them before looking over and nodding to Midoriya. I began playing a simple tune, unsure of what he was going to sing, and eventually I started to build upon the simplicity.

" Strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words. Killing my softly with his song, killing my softly with his song. Telling my whole life with his words, killing me softly, with his song."

I focused on the feeling I was getting off Midoriya and used that to go with the flow on how I played the guitar. Midoriya continued to sing and surprise me with how he sang this song, so in turn I too started to surprise him.

" ... and there he was, this young boy, a stranger to my eyes. Strumming my pain with his fingers..."

I could tell that he was singing from the bottom of his heart, and I knew that he was singing this for me. To the others, it may not be that noticeable, but between him and I, we knew what we were doing.

" ... with his words, killing me softly, with his song. I felt all flushed with fever, embarrassed by the crowd. I felt he'd found my letters and read each one out loud..."

The song continued on, and we were both starting to get into it. I could see the tears starting to gather in Midoriya's eyes as he continued on.

" Strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words. Killing me softly with his song, killing me softly with his song. Telling my whole life with his words, killing me softly, with his song."

When Midoriya had finished singing, I rolled the song out with the last chord. As soon as the last note had finished out, our classmates applauded and cheered us on. As this was happening, I could feel a tear roll down my cheek and my feet moving me closer to Midoriya. When I was close, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and neck and pulled myself closer to him.

Without thinking, I landed a kiss on Midoriya's lips. I felt him resist a bit but he gave in. When I released ourselves from the kiss, we looked around and saw that everyone was shocked. We then looked back at each other and grasped each other's hands, our foreheads resting on the other's. I cleared my throat and decided to give them an explanation.

" Guys, Midoriya and I, we... we're dating..."

At first it was quiet, but then I heard Uraraka start cheering and clapping, and soon everyone started cheering for us. I let out a small cry and embraced Midoriya with all my might, and he did the same. At the beginning, I thought that I wouldn't care if anyone knew that we were together, but it's so much more different than thinking about it.

Eventually, Midoriya and I had left the party with mountains upon mountains of encouragement and blessings. We had gone straight home and when we entered our room, we realized that the sun was beginning to rise.

" Were we really out the whole night?" Midoriya asked as he went over to his bag that sat by the bed to get out a change of clothes.

I walked over to him, unsure of what I was doing exactly, but I ended up pinning him down onto the futon bed without any context.

" Shoto? What's wrong?" He asked.

" I-I... I don't know what I'm doing, but my heart hurts so badly. It's like it yearns for you, just as much my whole being yearns for you." Eventually, the slight cowardice I had disappeared and I looked in straight in the eyes. " Could we finish what I started?"

AN: Here's chapter sixteen. The song is Killing Me Softly, and it's a cover. I'm using that cover as Todoroki's guitar piece and how I'd imagine Deku singing that song ^\\\^ So, two more chapters for this fanfic and it's finished. Sad, Ik, but I'm out of ideas for this one tbch with you. So, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the next one!!!

<<<To Be Continued>>>