Part fourty six

"What do I do? How do I get him to remember me?"

"You can't do anything. If you force him or tell him, it'll put pressure on his brain, trying to remember these memories. Then it might cause more damage to him. Who knows what could happen then?"

"No, don't say that. I won't let anything happen to Jameel. I've just got him back, after everything."

"You must not tell him anything. His memories will return themselves."

"What happens if they don't?"

"I can't say anything for sure, but if that part of his brain heals, they should return. I know it's hard, but you can't tell him anything."

Aaliyah went back into the room and saw Jameel playing with the children. She wept. Had their life and love been too perfect? Was this fates cruel way of tearing them apart? This was a cruel twist of fate. Jameel was fine and everything was ok, the big problem was Jameel didn't have a clue who Aaliyah was? How can he not remember me she thought? I used to be his everything. Is life punishing me for constantly rejecting him  at the beginning? But back then, after everything that happened, who could blame me for being wary? It took time for me to see his love was genuine. That he wasn't like my ex. That I could trust him and his love. He made me realise there were good guys out there. Please remember me she prayed. I'm nothing without you.