Starting Friendship Anew

Unsure sure of where else to go, you followed a path down a rocky but yet sandy road.

"W-why must this happen?" you thought to yourself. Just as you had started to form a bond with the dark-haired boy, everything fell into shambles. Just as you felt yourself becoming close with someone other than your deceased mother. 

With these confusing thoughts in your head, you continued to walk forward to only god knows where. The surroundings were nothing like what you have seen before, but yet had somewhat a sense of familiarity to it. It seemed as though Varian had seemed to care for no one else, but his father. "I-it didn't even seem like he cared me for..." You said with a thoughtful expression on your face.

 You looked down at the ground to find that the rough terrain has turned into smooth stone. You looked up to find a giant bridge leading into Corona. And not into old Corona, but new Corona. You gasped at the sight of it. It seemed as though the area was abandoned. 

"That's weird", you thought.  "I always thought Corona had a huge population, at least more than Old Corona." You allows your eyes to gaze around the foreign sight. Everything felt uneasy. You walked up to the doors of the castle cautiously. Giving it a slight knock. Loud enough for the people on the other side to here. You gasped, surprise that someone had actually opened the door. "Who is it?" Said a voice from behind the door as it slowly opened wider and wider. "Y/N?!?" Said a shocked voice. "W-what are you doing here???"

The door fully opened to reveal a distressed princess. "Well, I really didn't know where to go from Varian's house " You said with a bit of remorse in your voice. "oh," Said the princess, "I-is he doing alright? I mean with everything that happened and all. It's just that I couldn't do much at the time...you don't know how much regret I'm feeling" She said with tears streaming down here eyes and sorrow in her eyes.

"I don't think that there was much that anybody could do," You said sadly, "I was completely helpless in the situation myself." you said. "It's just that I really wanted to be there for him, but he pushed me away" you said as your voiced started to rise steadily and your voice started to become incoherent. Rapunzel said nothing but stand there and look you in the eyes with her tear-filled ones with a forced smile as she leaned down to wrap her arms around you to give you a hug.

The gesture only pushed you to tears. Nothing felt real anymore, as you allowed yourself to bawl your eyes out. Just the feeling of crying felt comforting. The feeling of Rapunzel's arms around you felt nothing but comforting...Almost like your mother's.

Oh boy it's been a hot minute since I last updated