I'm Here

Mal's POV:

Ring ring

I rolled over.

Ring ring

I opened my eyes and looked at my phone.

Ring ring

Oliver

Ring ring

"Hello?"

Your POV:

I walked around. This isn't home. "Mal?" I asked. "Ollie?"

"They aren't here."

I turned around. "Oh great. You again." I rolled my eyes.

"Motivation for you to go back then. So you won't have to see me." My dad said.

"How bad is it?"

"You coded on the helicopter. They medics brought you back. Coded when you got to Germany. They brought you back. You're in surgery now, vitals are low."

"So basically I'm dying?"

"Pretty much. Bullet hit your kidney. Plus the explosion left more damage than we thought. Blood loss, minor head trauma, fracture in your leg. Lucky you made it to Germany, kid."

I sighed. "I don't want to die, dad." I whispered. "Not now."

"I don't want you to die either, Y/N. I know I was the worst father ever. I didn't pay attention to you, I didn't support you," He looked down. "didn't love you enough. But being up here? I have nothing to do but watch. You have a bright long future ahead of you. As an individual and as a partner. With Mal."

"What do I do?"

"Do what you did your whole life." I looked up at him. "You fight."

Mal's POV:

We sat on the plane to Germany in silence.

"We're in Germany. We got her, she was alive, but seriously wounded. We've lost her twice already, but she's back. They're doing surgery now, she was uh, she was shot when we were transporting her from the compound to the helicopter."

"Is she gonna make it?"

"I don't know what's gonna happen, Mal. Honestly, she's in bad shape. You have to come here."

"I'm on my way. We all are."

"Mal." I looked at Kelley. "We landed." I nodded and we got off the plane. 

Oliver sent some people to get us. "You go," Kelley said. "We'll get settled but you go." She grabbed my hand. 

"I can't be alone."

Kelley nodded. "Want me to go with you?"

"Will you?"

"Always." She smiled and wrapped her arms around me. 

"We'll be right behind you." My parents added. 

I took a deep breath and nodded. Oliver met us outside. "She just got out of surgery. Warning for seeing her, she's got some cuts on her face, from the explosion she was in. Her arms are bruised and also have cuts. Her left leg is wrapped up, same with her head. There is a tube, it's helping her breathe." He looked down. "Lots of wires." 

"Hey." Kelley put her hand on his shoulder. "Take a deep breath. Relax." 

He nodded. "The nurses are just finishing up in there. Then you can see her. I need some air." He walked away. 

We waited and then I went to see her. I walked into the room and stared at her.

First time in months I've seen her, and it's like this.

"You're gonna come home." I grabbed her hand. "And I'm gonna take care of you till you're back to your healthy self. Mentally and physically. We have a long road ahead of us, Y/N but don't think for a second that I'll leave. I love you. Everything about you. Your highs and your lows." I looked around her body at the wires and bandages. "I will never stop loving you." I looked back at her face. "And I know you can hear me. I'm here. I'm not leaving."