The Start

If you didn't know my new story "International" is up now.

It's an original character, no Y/N. Everything is set.

It's still WoSo but not USWNT or Canada. They will appear as minor characters but I wanted to give some love to our Europe squad.

Your POV:

"What do you think?"

"I think this space is perfect." I looked around. "What about you Mal?"

"It's your choice. Your restaurant."

"I know but what do you think of the space. Think it's good for a restaurant?"

"No." She shook her head. "I think it's perfect for YOUR restaurant."

"You almost gave me a heart attack." I smiled. 

"There is a unit upstairs that comes with it."

"Same size?"

"Maybe a little bit small. Few rooms. Previously owners worked down here and lived upstairs. You can sell it after you finalize this."

"Or I have a good idea for that space." I smirked.

"Oh no she's thinking." Mal laughed. 

Mal's POV:

I watched her look around the place. She looked so happy, which made me a lot happier too. 

"Babe!" She called. 

"Yes?" I walked over.

"I think this is it." She smiled.

"Alright. Let's do it." 

"Great. I'll contact your investor and,"

"Uh, I'm buying it." Y/N said. "I'm opening this restaurant on my own."

"Y/N."

"No. I've been to hell and back twice in the past 3 years, literally. This is what I need and want to do and I'm gonna do it."

"Ok." He smiled. "I'll get all the papers started."

Your POV:

Everything started to fall into place. I met with some people.

"And where are you getting the money?"

"Don't worry about it." I smiled.

"We have to worry about it. Money is what keeps things moving."

"No the people are. With all due respect, I want to do this MY way. Will it be the classiest place? No. The most expensive? Not at all. What it will be is a place for people of all colors, backgrounds, walks of life and everything in between to come in here and have a good time. We'll serve them because we'll serve ALL living beings regardless of who they are and where they come from. I know money is a big part in helping us, but I have that handled. I have the permits and licenses needed. Mal is helping me find staff."

"So why are we here?"

"I'd like you to be part of my kitchen staff."

"You want us to work for you in this place?"

"I want you to join me on the awesome journey I'm starting to show that there is still some faith in humanity. You want in or not?" I smiled. "I got fired from a restaurant because the owner didn't like that I showed some compassion to a guest who had an allergic reaction. You were fired for giving a few leftovers to a homeless man." I looked at one person. "You were fired for offering to cater a same-sex wedding. Here? All that will be allowed, shit all that will be encouraged! Do you lovely ladies want some awesome affordable food at your wedding? Where do we sign! Sir are you hungry? Here's a nice warm meal. I'm so sorry they served you shrimp even though you're allergic, your meal is on the house."

"I'm in." Cassidy leaned back. "Eating is a basic human right."

"Exactly. Affordable food and service for all. Plus, some friends of mine have offered to help on the money side." I looked to the door as Mal and some of her teammates walked in.

"When's the auction?" Julie smiled holding up a jersey. I looked back at my friends. 

"When do we start?" Dustin smiled.