Chapter 24: Leaving

More drama about to happen, get ready for this.

CHAPTER 24: Leaving

February 27th 2010, 8am

It was very early when I started hearing knocking on the door. Kaner was sleeping right next to me, and he was a very heavy sleeper. I groaned as I got up but it was fine, I knew my shoulder was fine. It was only a bit harder to live with a shoulder immobilizer always in the way. It was a short sleeve attached to a strap wrapped around my chest, and it really prevented my shoulder from moving at all.

I opened the door with my left hand, this was gonna take some getting used to.

“Well, hello.” Jonathan smiled at me. “How’s the sleeping beauty?”

I smiled back. “Hey, Johnny. I’m so happy you’re here, I haven’t seen anyone in a day, and I really want to hug you but my shoulder is still killing me.”

He grinned, looking down at my shoulder. “I can see that. Not sure how comfortable that can be.”

“It’s pretty bad.” I grinned.

He smiled, “So how are you since you’ve woken up? I didn’t have a chance to see you last night.”

“Yeah, I was really exhausted after the surgery. I just went back to sleep.” I said. “I really wanted to go see your game though. How did it go, please tell me you guys won?” I was literally praying.

“We won.”

“Yeah!” I shouted in excitement. “Awesome, I’m so happy for you guys.”

He smiled, “So, did you see what the guys and I bought for you?”

I smiled widely, and looked him in the eyes. “Yes, and you didn’t have to do that.”

“You deserve all of it. We just wanted to make you feel better.” John said.

I opened my arms. Although one of them was stuck to my chest, I still managed to smile at him. “Come on, give me a hug. It’ll be worth the pain.”

He laughed and put his arms carefully around me. “You’re awesome, Rose.”

I laughed in his ear. “Not as much as you, Johnny.”

NICK’S P.O.V

I needed to speak to her. I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I was walking towards her room, and I didn’t care if I woke her up. I wanted an explanation. What was going through my sister’s mind? What was going through my mind?

I knocked on her apartment door and waited.

She opened the door, and surprisingly she was all dressed up and almost looking like she was about to leave. She smiled, “Hey, Nick.”

“We need to talk.” I reached into my pocket and pulled out her phone.

She widened her eyes, “Why did you take my phone?”

“You left it in the car. The car wasn’t ours, Rose. So, of course, I kept your phone with me.” I told her.

She sighed and looked behind her. I saw then, that Kane was still in the room with her. He was all dressed up as well, with a baseball cap on. I knew they had planned to leave for somewhere. And my sudden arrival kind of ruined that plan. She looked over at him, patiently. “Pat, can you give us a second?”