Chapter 29: Coming Back Home

CHAPTER 29: Coming Back Home

I arrived at the Vancouver airport with no problem. I dragged around my luggage through the airport but it was a bit hard. Not only was I missing my good arm, I had a lot of attention from different people. I still kept walking forwards though. I didn’t want to be rude, so when young girls and even young boys asked to take pictures with me, I didn’t refuse. In fact, it was very flattering. It wasn’t that busy, and it wasn’t bothering to have people staring at me everywhere I went.

After dropping my luggage, I was finally sitting down in the waiting area of the airport, and I looked down at my phone. It was already 6pm and Kaner hadn’t even arrived yet. I couldn’t stop staring down at my phone, waiting to hear something from him. I was getting a bit anxious because I really needed to see him before I left.

I started hearing footsteps behind me and every time I turned around, I always expected to see Kaner, and this time it was actually him. I got up and walked towards him, putting my arm around him, as he squeezed me against him.

I rested my head against his shoulder, as he whispered into my ear, “I’m really sorry.”

I smiled and pulled away, “What are you sorry for? I’m the one that’s supposed to be apologizing.”

“John told me you were waiting for me, I had no idea. And you don’t need to apologize for wanting to go back home sooner, Rose.” Kaner said, looking down. “I was just caught off guard, cuz I thought I had a few more hours to figure out what to say when you left.”

I grinned, “Did you want to recite a long speech about how much you’re going to miss me?”

He smiled, “Almost. But I am gonna miss you, Rose.”

“You don’t think we should break up, do you?” I asked him, more serious.

“We’ve never broken up, I don’t think we should start now.” He chuckled, resting his hand against my back and pulling me against him. “We’ll see each other soon, right?”

I rested my head against his shoulder, and rested my eyes for a second. “I’ll make sure of it.”

“Will you promise me one thing?” He suddenly asked.

I looked up at him, “What?”

“Try not to forget me.”

I frowned, “How could I forget the person I love.”

“Wait, what was that?” He asked, sarcastically. “I don’t think I heard you right.”

I laughed. I was never the girl that said I love you a lot and Kaner had noticed. I took his chin in my grip and if I could’ve had both of my arms just to touch his face one last time I would’ve done it. I looked into his eyes, with a smile. “I love you, Patrick Kane. Don’t make me regret saying it.”

He grinned, and leaned down on top of my lips, pulling me against him, my arm resting around his neck comfortably, like all of this was meant to be. Although, I suddenly felt a little self-conscious considering we were in public and a lot of these people knew who we were both. I pulled away shortly after, and stayed close to him. I whispered over his ear, “This isn’t exactly the most private place to do this.”

He grinned, still very serious. “I love you too, Rose.”