Chapter 4: Feelings

The next day at breakfast Stanford realized William wasn't staring at Mason like food anymore, he was just, staring.

 "William?"

"Yes, sir?" the demon turned to look at him "Are you okay?" the demon blushed "Y-Yes sir" he stuttered. Will clapped a hand to his mouth in shock, "Did you just stutter?" Mabel asked, raising an eyebrow at the demon, Will shook his head. 

What was wrong with him!? 

He was becoming so human! It was disgusting! 

He closed his eyes as tight as he could and tried to calm himself down.

Of course he had had these feelings before, he just didn't remember having them, thanks to Bill's box of powder he always got rid of those feelings after a relationship. It helped him cope with the loss and grief and helped him forget what made him feel. 

Demons weren't supposed to form relationships with their 'food' as Bill put them, sure Bill played with his food too, but he never had the relationships like his brother. Bill preferred the one-night stand types, a quick fix. The box of powder would make them stop feeling, and it would be like it never happened. 

Every time William fell in love this is what he was greeted with, feelings, human emotions, that coursed through him like a poison. "William?" Stanford questioned, he opened his eyes and blinked "I'm s-sorry sir, can I please be excused?" he asked. Stanford nodded and William left the room in a hurry.

Mason looked up from picking at his bacon "Something's wrong with him" Mabel said "Mason, go check on him" the girl added.

"Why me!?" Mason complained, Stanford smirked "Because I have a funny feeling it revolves around you," he said

Mason got up out of his chair and huffed "Fine" he grumbled.

~

Mason knocked on Will's door. "Will? Are you okay?"

"C-Come in" Will's voice said, sounding strained and tired. "Will?" Mason opened the door and peered in. William was curled up on the bed, "What's wrong with you this morning?" Mason asked.

"I'm just n-not use to all these feelings" the demon said, he looked horrified with himself. Mason motioned to the bed "Can I sit?" the demon nodded and Mason sat down on the bed "Don't you have emotions?" Mason asked.

"Not usually" Will said, wiping ice off his blankets, no, not ice, frozen tears "Were you crying!?" Mason asked in shock. Blue eyes looked up at him guilty. "I didn't mean too."

Mason burst into laughter "It's okay to cry Will, maybe not in public, but at home behind closed doors is better," he said, Will grumbled his disapproval. "So when do you have emotions? If you rarely have them?" Mason asked.

Will was silent for a bit "When a demon falls in love" he said.

Mason bit his tongue, wincing as the blood welled up, the taste of iron and copper greeted his taste buds. "Who are you in love with?" he asked. Will sat up and smiled just a small smile as he at looked at him. 

"You"

"Me!?"

"Y-Yes" 

Will fiddled with the hem of his white hoodie nervously, pale fingers slightly grazed. Mason noted his sweater was slightly see-through and he could see muscles underneath the fabric. "You like me?" Mason asked, no one actually liked him, sure girls crooned over him at the Tent Of Telepathy show, but that was just because he was famous. If they knew the real him they'd run away.

"I'm sorry, this isn't very professional of me," Will said frowning, Mason laughed "Our contract was that you would serve me as my families butler until I reached the age of thirty, as in when I inherit the Gleeful fortune and Manor, that's ten years away, only then is my soul yours. It's not business, nothing about this is professional, it's supernatural!"

Will looked up "Do you like me back?" he asked.

Mason closed his mouth, looking at the pale demon sitting beside him. He was so adorable like this, all that bullshit about him being cold and unpredictable as Stanford had written made him laugh. "You're cute, I guess..." Mason said. Now it was the young adults turn to blush. Will giggled and then clamped a hand over his mouth as he blushed furiously "I hate this, feelings are awful."

"Don't hate it, I like your laugh" Mason said awkwardly. Will smiled and looked down at his feet "Th-Thanks."

A hand gently grabbed Will's chin and lifted his face up to meet them. Will was greeted with warmth in those brown eyes, like the chocolate Bill had brought, which had melted as it touched his hands. His heart bet fast and his eyes widened as Mason leaned in to kiss him. 

His lips were warm, like the feeling of the sun on his pale flesh, it was oddly nice. He usually only used his mouth to speak or suck souls and on some occasion eat food, but he liked this option too. His eyes fluttered closed, and he gently kissed back.

Mason wasn't having such a nice time as Will was. Will's lips were freezing and it was like kissing a dead body. But Will's lips were more soft, not hard and stiff. Those long pale fingers threaded through his hair and wound themselves around his face making him shiver.

Eventually Mason pulled back for air "Your fucking freezing!" he exclaimed, rubbing the cold feeling away in his cheeks as Will chuckled. "Well I am a frost demon, its kind of my thing" he said, rolling his eyes and giving a smirk.

Mason kissed his cheek "I think you would make a great pillow in the summer heat" he said. Will laughed and Mason smiled "Come back to breakfast?" he asked, standing up, Will nodded.

"Wait!" Will said, as Mason made to leave "Yes?" his shoes squeaked on the wooden floorboards as he stopped suddenly, his cape fluttering back down "Are we together now?" Will asked nervously.

"I should think so, you don't just own my soul now William, you also have the keys to my heart, that is, if you want it," Mason said with a wink as he left, Will rolled his eyes "Cheesy dork."