The Shocking News

Lexi's P.O.V.

           After going down the water slide for about the 500th time, me and Shawn went to go look for Matthew. He wasn't anywhere we looked. The last place would be that he decided to sit in the car. Well, he was gone. And so was the car. Me and Shawn had to walk 2 miles all the way home?! That made us both ferious.

            The walk was miserable. Shawn barely talked to me, he was busy arguing with Matt on the phone. Finally after 30 minutes, he hung up with a sigh of frustration. He looked irritated.

      "Well, he apparently left us because he was feeling left out of all our fun."

"Seriously? He could've easily joined in on going down the slide with us. Or just asked to play Volleyball even."

      "Yea. I knew this was going to happen. Every time I start talking to girls at these places, he gets upset."

"Oh. Well. Sucks for him nobody is interested in him"

As I said that, my words choked up in my throat. I knew that wasn't true, because the first day I saw him, I fell in love. Those words just flew out of my mouth.

       "You okay?"

"Yea I'm fine. My throat hurts a little that's all. So, did you have fun today?"

       "Are you kidding?! This was by far, the best day of my life. Mostly because I met the most beautiful girl God could've ever created."

"Awe. Well thank you. I had the best time ever as well"

   With that, he took my hand in his, and intertwined his fingers to mine. His hand was warm, but not to hot. The perfect temperature. We walked like that the rest of the way home. When we got to Matt, my, our house, Shawn stopped and turned to face me.

    "Now, I would go in, but my mom is gonna worry here soon where I am. And I have vocal lessons in a half hour anyway. Don't let Matthew yell at you. "

"I won't. Have fun singing."

    "Thanks. I will make sure to sing an extra song for you." After he said that he took both of my hands in his and brought me into a hug. Even with my chlorine head of hair, he still kissed my forehead. With a whisper, he said, "I love you Alexis Espinosa." And with that, he took off.

     There I was, alone. Cold from the pool, and now I have to walk into the house to deal with Matt and his jealousy. Whatever. He can't be that mad, can he? He wanted to go to the pool, he should've been prepared that this whole ordeal would happen. I opened the door and quietly made my way upstairs. Luckily Matthew was in his room, so I could get dressed and not have to worry. But that feeling went away just as I got myself down the stairs for snack. Mom stopped me in my tracks and looked at me very seriously. I'm in trouble. That's all I thought.

    "Lexi. We need to talk. Please come into the lounge for a minute."

Without responding, I nervously followed her to a living room area. I took a seat on a bean bag and listened very carefully to mom's words.

     "Alright. Now that we're alone, I need to tell you something. But before I do, you have to promise not to tell Matthew or dad yet." I nod my head in agree.

"This morning I woke up with some serious stomach aches. I thought was sick, so I took some medicine. But that didn't work. I stayed home from my job, and thought I should rest. But that wasn't the case either. So I decided the last thing that could be it, was to take a test."      By that, I knew what she meant.

     "So I took one and waited for a little bit. When I saw the results, was shocked. I didn't know who to tell and when. So my best choice, was to tell you first. Lexi, I'm pregnant."

  "Oh my gosh. Congratulations mom!! That's amazing. But what about dad and Matt, when will you tell them?"

      "Oh I'm planning on taking us out for dinner tonight and tell them. Sounds good?"

"Sounds great."

                            I'm going to be a big sister.....