Ch. 3

Marinette opened the window and stepped back in alarm as she saw a pair of bright green eyes. Then she let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, it's only you, Cat Noir." She smiled at him, then frowned. "Wait, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, um, well, I thought, maybe, if you want to, of course you don't have to, and, well, you see..."

"What is it, Cat Noir?" Marinette interrupted him.

"Would you like to hang out for a bit?" He asked quickly.

Marinette was surprised by his question. If it was another night I'd maybe say yes? But Alya's over... oh well. She was a little disappointed and a little relieved at the same time.

"Cat Noir, I..."

"Is it okay if I come in? It's a tad uncomfortable crouching on the roof."

"Oh, yeah, sure. Sorry I didn't invite you in before, that was rude of me." Marinette stepped away from the window before Cat Noir jumped through.

He laughed a bit to himself.

"What?" Do I look awful? Marinette looked down at her clothes and was filled with horror. I'm in my pajamas!

"I was just thinking of flying through the window. Remember? It was when we got stuck in Peter Pan."

"Oh, y-yeah. I remember." Marinette stammered. She was still semi-conscious of her clothes.

"Anyway, is it cool if we hang for a bit?" Cat Noir asked again.

"Hang?" Marinette was lost.

"Um, do you not want to hang out then?" Cat Noir stepped toward the window. "I can go."

"No!" Marinette almost shouted. Cat Noir was startled. "I mean yes. I mean..."

"Cat Noir?" Alya asked from the doorway. Both Marinette and Cat Noir spun around, their cheeks equally red.

"Alya? What are you doing here?" Cat Noir asked.

"Marinette and I are having a sleepover. You? Wait! Does Ladybug need our help?"

Marinette covered her eyes. Please don't say you're Rena Rouge. Please don't say it. Please don't say it!

"Um, no. Actually I came to see if Marinette wanted to hang out."

Alya just stared at them for a second. "Are you two dating?"

"What, no!" They both said simultaneously.

"Alya, you know I've been seeing Luka."

"Luka?" Cat Noir said the name as if it was a foreign word.

"Oh, yeah, right." Alya said, suddenly remembering.

"Wait. You and Luka are a thing?" Cat Noir couldn't seem to get over this idea, and Marinette suddenly regretted saying anything at all.

"Well, not officially." Marinette mumbled.

"What?" Cat Noir asked. Marinette just stared at the floor. Alya cleared her throat.

"Cat Noir, why don't you stay for a bit? Marinette and I were about to build a fort, and I'm sure having a hero will make it ten times more awesome. What do you say Marinette?"

"Sure, I'm fine with it." Marinette smiled. Thank you so much, Alya! Alya smiled back.

"A fort you say? I haven't made one of those in a long time."

"Well, it's Marinette's first time making one."

"Really?" Cat Noir asked Marinette. She nodded.