Ch. 6

Cat Noir sat on a rooftop observing the city. Animals, beasts, and creatures that shouldn't be real prowled around, emitting a growl here and there. They must be after Ladybug and me. "But where's their leader?" He muttered to himself.

"That's what I've been wondering." Ladybug replied as she landed next to him.

Cat Noir jumped. "Ladybug! What are you doing here?"

She gave him a quizzical look. "Trying to stop the villain? What are you doing?" She teased.

"Uh, stopping the villain of course. What else would I be doing?"

Ladybug shrugged. "The villain is called Revealer, in case you didn't know. He transforms people into what they actually are, so avoid him at all costs. If either one of us gets hit our identity will be revealed."

"Would it really be so bad?" I'd have an excuse to say your real name, Ladybug. Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

"Cat Noir, we've been over this already! Come on, we have a bad guy to catch." She swung off the rooftop, and Cat Noir jumped down.

"Do you have any idea where he might be?" Cat Noir asked when they didn't see the villain.

"No clue. Let's... Cat Noir look out!"

Cat Noir jumped to the side after her warning, and he saw with a start that a gorilla was in the spot he had been. Ladybug wrapped her yoyo around the gorilla, preventing him from hitting Cat Noir. Cat Noir walked over to Ladybug and patted her shoulder. "I didn't know you had that in you, Pr- Milady." He quickly covered up. I need to be more careful! Ladybug looked at him carefully, concern in her eyes.

"Are you okay, Cat Noir? You're acting... weird."

Cat Noir nodded. "You're looking at a perfectly happy cat, Milady."

Ladybug nodded. "On the count of three I'm releasing the gorilla. Once he's free, we run. Got it?"

Cat Noir nodded.

"One... two..."

"Don't!" Cat Noir yelled. A giant snake was slithering toward them; a crown of horns guarded its head. Cat Noir turned white.

"What. Is. That?"

Ladybug turned around and went equally white. "It's a basilisk. I learned about them in language arts. Don't look at his eyes, Kitty, otherwise you'll be stone." She warned him. Cat Noir looked at the ground, a faint memory of basilisks coming back to him. He was pretty sure that was the day he and Nino were passing messages on what would be the best date to take Alya on.

"How are we supposed to fight something we can't see?" Cat Noir asked.

"I'm not sure." The gorilla roared, frustrated it was still in it's restraints. Cat Noir dared to look up. The basilisk was closer. Suddenly it dived at them. Cat Noir grabbed Ladybug along with her yoyo, and he used his staff to launch them in the air. They landed on a rooftop, and they immediately ran. Cat Noir dared a look behind him and saw that the basilisk was following them.

"Any bright ideas?" Cat Noir asked Ladybug. "The giant snake is following us, and he looks like he'd enjoy a ladybug-kitty combo."

Ladybug stopped running, and Cat Noir abruptly stopped. She's crazy! "Lucky charm!" Ladybug caught the small item and continued running. Cat Noir chased after her.

Ladybug looked down to see what was in her hands. "It's a mirror!" She told Cat Noir. The rooftop's path suddenly ended, and Cat Noir's heart rate sped up. He heard the snake come to a slithering stop behind them.