Ch. 8

Adrien paced his room. "I want to tell her, Plagg. I love you; both sides of you! I know who you are, and I love you for it."

Plagg gagged on his cheese, but he managed to swallow it. "Eww. You don't have to be so sappy." He complained. "Just tell her straight up."

"I can't! She'd be so mad."

"Well, just choose which side of her to date, and when the time comes you can tell her."

Adrien melted onto the couch with a loud sigh. "You really think that will work?"

"Sure. I mean, you don't have many other options."

Adrien put his hand to his face. "That's the problem." He sighed and sat up. "I suppose I could ask her as Marinette, but..." He trailed off, thinking. When Adrien had been quiet for sometime, Plagg cleared his throat.

"But?" He prompted.

"How many times has Ladybug blantidly told Cat Noir no? If Marinette is truly Ladybug, what's going to stop her from saying no again?"

"She did say she had a crush on you that one time." Plagg offered. Adrien sighed.

"What if she was just trying to cover up? You know, hide her identity and all that?"

"She probably was, but maybe her feelings have changed." Plagg grabbed a piece of cheese and bit off the end, chewing slowly. He swallowed loudly. "Maybe she was just waiting for you to get to know the real her. The real you is Cat Noir, but that doesn't mean it applies to her as well."

Adrien nodded, seeing the logic in Plagg's explanation. "I think you're right, Plagg."

"Aren't I always?"

Adrien laughed. "Come on, I think it's time for us to pay a visit to Marinette."

"Do we have to right now? I still have to finish this delicious plate of cheese."

"It'll be waiting for you when you get back. If I don't do this now I might not have the courage to do it later."

Plagg glared at him. "I highly doubt that."

Adrien sighed. "I don't think you have much choice in the matter. Plagg, claws out!"