chapter 2

~Chapter 2~

Jessicas POV

I sat down on my chair to my desk scrolling through my phone. My windows were slightly opened and I heard car doors. I glanced out of the window and saw him. "Oh My God" I said. "What are you Oh my god" ding about?" My mother walked into my room.

I pointed at Niall. "Oh honey!" She said. "I cant even look at him." I said looking at my mom. She looked worried about what I had just said. "What?" I asked in curiosity. "Honey the Horan's are coming over for dinner as a welcome home present for Niall." She said quietly. "WHAT!" I shouted. She gave me a weird look. "Mom!" I whined.

"Its okay to not like him the most, but plese be nice to the Horan's for me please." She said. "Why should I mom?" I asked. "Because you still love Maura." She said in confidence. I did love Maura. She's amazing. I feel bad that I havent talked to her since Niall left two years ago.

"You owe it to her honey." My mom said to me. "I know I do." I nodded. "Good, they'll be here in 10 minutes!" My mom then walked out. How was i going to even look at him. I put on a pair of shorty shorts, a t-shirt saying (I love my mom) a green hoodie over that, and a grey pair of converse. I eyed my guitar and practiced in case I had to play for dinner.

No one besides Anna and my mother know I have a secret talent. Singing. "Theyre here!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

I took a deep breath and walked down the steps. I could see Maura's, Niall's, and Greg's backs. My mother gave a hug to everyone. Took you long enough to get down here." Mom said angrily. "Is my little Jessica?" Maura asked.

I smiled and ran to give her a big hug that I don't think she was expecting. "Maura!" I shouted. She looked at me. "You've gotten so big, and turned into such a beautiful young lady." She kindly stated. "You look beautiful too Maura" I said. I avoided eye contact with Niall.

We walked to the dining room. I sat as far away as I could from Niall. Greg sat next to me. I couldn't help but feel Niall watching me. "How's school Jessica?" Maura asked. "Pretty good I guess. Only 6 more months left." I said. "Counting down the days huh?" Maura asked. "Totally." I said. Greg kicked my leg. "Sorry." Greg smiled. "You so did that on purpose." I said jokingly. "Possibly." He said laughing. I laughed.

We sat at the table. There was definetly an awkward scilence. I looked up and saw Niall. He gave me a smile but I just looked down at my food. I know it was rude but, I cant even look at him. I looked up again, but Niall looked hurt.

I felt bad even though I shouldnt because of what he had done to me. I'm now starting to tear up. "Mom. Anna wants me to do a projest at her house, so I should probably get going now." I said. "Um alright." I stood up and grabbed my jacket and walked out the door before I busted into tears.

I began walking down the street when I then heard my name."Jessica!" I saw Niall. "What fo you want?" I asked. "I-I..." He started. "I gotta go." I turned around and started walking again. "Wait!" "What Niall? I don't have anything to say to you."

I didnt look at him. "Are you mad at me?" He asked. "Am I mad? Youre seriously asking if I'm mad? I turned around. "I'm sorry." He said starting to cry. "For-for not keeping in contact, not calling, not texting, not anything? You really shouldn't be sorry Mr. Horan!!!!!!" My eyes started to water.

"Im sorry." He looked really sad. "No you don't have to be. I'm obviously not important enough for you to not even call me or text me to give an explanation!" I shouted while crying hard. "Thats not true." He said. "It is." I said. "Dont walk away." He said. "I already am and youre the one making me do thid." I said ending the conversation.