𝟎𝟎𝟒

— ☾—

— ☾—

004 - A YEAR AGO
일년

SOOKJA CONTINUED TO stare at the boy. skin freckled with frozen dew drops as his dampened hair curtained his eyes that remained fixated on the abused tiles of the diner's floor. too ashamed to look either of them in the eye.

when she had heard a knock at her door, she would have never expected to find an exhausted jungkook chaperoning a blood stained taehyung.

the only memory left of that scene took the form of the red pigment hiding in his nails. "what happened out there?" the girl questioned, the ring of taehyung's silence promising that this was going to be a hard evening. "i-i went out with l-lucia to talk about something and... something took her. i d-didn't get a go-good look at it, but i still followed them." he finally replied.

"it was fast. i couldn't even catch up with it. i had to follow the trail of blood it left behind. but the trail stopped... and then that's when i found jungkook."

"yeah about that. when the hell were you going to tell me that you were cursed, huh?" jungkook's voice tore through his inhaling breath. dripping with harsh agitation. "believe it or not, jungkook, my main priority when this happened to me wasn't to tell you all about it." the sandy-brunette scoffed in reply.

rolling her eyes, sookja shifted in her seat. "well—i mean... how long have you actually been like this?"

"a year." he answered.

taehyung, we shouldn't be doing this.

what if someone found out what we were doing?

relax, baby.

don't you trust me?

"a year ago." the boy repeated. "i skipped school that day to go up to cliffwood with j—lucia. we spent the whole day there just talking and walking about like nothing really mattered. but, it got dark and-and late. we both... we both got separated and then it came for me."

i'm not doing this with you anymore!

i'm not a toy for you to play with, taehyung!

"you don't think it's the same beast, that turned you last year, that took lucia?" jungkook didn't hesitate to speculate. "i mean it's not impossible but it's extremely unlikely. we don't know how many more people there are like us out there."

the scene of the diner that had engulfed taehyung dissolved into the shadowed emerald woods of that night a year ago. even the cold blanket of air from that night brushed past his skin.