finally in my arms

Edgeworth's pov

A loud ringing in my ears,

the wind that was rushing around me dense and thick

I was falling

I open my eyes to see engarde on the side of me atleast 2 feet away and wright below us 4 feet away, tied up and his tears flying up in the air. I reached to grab him

But

.

.

.

I couldn't reach

*two hours earlier*

Everyone swarming at the plaza of the beneath the mountain. Princess rayfa and prosecutor sadmadhi talking to the royal gaurds and datz peeling an apple in the corner. I look over to my comrades to see them looking sad. I walk over to them.

Edgeworth: everything okay?

Athena: not entirely.

Edgeworth: why's that?

Apollo: well, it's not a guarantee that we're gonna get Mr. Wright back in time.

Trucy: and what if we're already too late?

Edgeworth: now what did I tell you all back at the palace? Everything will be fine. Okay?

Athena: y-yeah! You're right! Cmon Apollo don't tell me all your chords of steel practice was for nothing.

Apollo: of course not!

Edgeworth: there's the smiling faces I was looking for!

Ema: Mr. Edgeworth, it's time.

While I didn't show, I chill ran down my spine when she said that. I was trying to cheer up my comrades while I myself tried to hdpide the nervousness in my voice which, by the look on Athena's face, I did a terrible job at."are you okay Mr. Edgeworth?" She asked. I simply nodded as I turned to detective skye.

Ema: well we better go up no-

Edgeworth: no, I'll go alone.

Ema: WHAT!? You can't, who knows what he'll-!

Edgeworth: I know, but this is my chance to take out all my fury that has been conjuring up inside me.

Ema: a-alright then, just be careful.

Apollo: and remember-

Athena: no matter what happens-

Trucy: we'll be with you til the bitter end!

Widget: SO YOU GO GET HIM!

I was overwhelmed with all the kind words from my comrades, but when trucy said "til the bitter end" I started to think of wright. He would always say those reassuring words to all around him to boost their's and his confidence. I staired up at the stairs looming before me as I began to climb.