moving

pasadena, california.

AFTER y/n's parents died in a fatal car accident, the only option she had left was to move in with a set of foster parents. she had been living temporarily in a foster home for a few months before a couple decided to take her in.

"are you excited to meet your new parents?" ava asked, a friend she met inside of the foster home.

"i mean sure." y/n said.

"your foster parents are here to pick you up, y/n." the lady who worked up front stated to her.

"alright." she said without hesitating.

"you must be y/n!" a brunette, freckled face lady says.

"uh, yeah." y/n said bluntly.

she was dressed like a hippie, flip flops, brown shorts, and an overly flowy shirt with flowers printed. 

"i'm jade and this is my husband, arlo." she said while her husband stretched his hand out to shake.

he was wearing flip flops too, or sandals, shorts with too many pockets, and an exotic button up shirt. 

"um nice to meet you, i guess." 

"well, she's all yours to go." the lady from the front said.

"okay! thanks." jade said giving a thumbs up.

"do you have all your items?" jade asked as y/n shoved her belongings into their cramped beetle car. 

"yeah. how long's the drive?" 

"about four hours." arlo responded as y/n squished into the small car.

las vegas, nevada. 

"and we're here!" jade said, stopping the car in the middle of a desert, about a dozen houses surrounding it.

"yeah, cool." y/n said.

y/n took her single backpack out of the car, following the other two into the house.

"so..what do you think?" arlo asked, opening the door to the house.

"it's nice, i guess. can i go to my room?" she said not even observing it's features.

"sure! your room is labeled, by the way." 

y/n walked into her room, ripping the stupid label off the door and throwing it into the trash before taking her ipod out from her backpack. 

"finally." she said closing the door and locking it.

"dinner's ready!" jade said, trying to open the door to y/n's room.

"fuck!" y/n jumped, "yeah, okay coming." 

"so, tell us about yourself." arlo said over the table.

"like what?"

"you know, about yourself."

"i like to skate." she said blandly.

"like roller skating or skateboarding?"

"skateboarding. what else."

"oh, we forgot to tell you, but we're sending you to school tomorrow." jade said.

"fine."