run!

las vegas, nevada.

english honors class was boring as usual, the teacher rambling on and on about random shit nobody actually paid attention to. y/n, boris, and theo were goofing off in class, throwing spitballs at each other and passing notes with inappropriate doodles on them.

"class dismissed!" the teacher said, everyone rushing out of the classroom.

monday was always strange for y/n. jade and arlo were out doing god knows what and not coming home til about three in the morning. not that it mattered to y/n, it was better that they were gone, she could actually have boris and theo at her house. 

"let's go to the supermarket, it's fucking scorching out." y/n said coming out of school.

"to do what?" theo asked.

boris and y/n went to the supermarket to cool off but to mostly steal from there. they had never taken theo there since it was technically a thing between them only. 

"cool off! what else?" y/n said.

the three made their way to the supermarket, the ac hitting their hot skin from the nevada heat.

"what do we even do here?" theo asked, "we just cool off?"

"yeah, just cool off..." y/n said looking at boris before giving smug grin.

they roamed around the store, boris casually grabbing a pair of sunglasses from the rack and slipping it up his blazer sleeve. theo never seeing such a devious act, stared in shock while boris and y/n acted like nothing happened. theo automatically tried to copy boris, grabbing a random steak from the meat aisle and stuffing it in his jacket.  

"not quite there yet, decker. but good enough." y/n said.

y/n on the other hand grabbed lady items, because periods are thing! 

"what is that?" boris asked pointing to the box of tampons.

"shut up!" y/n said hiding the box in her jacket.

they walked out the door, stolen items in their jackets looking suspicious (only theo). he was nervous sweating on his forehead and gave an awkward smile to the worker.

"hey! what's under the jacket?" one of the workers asked.

"n-nothing!" theo stuttered out."

"show me what's in your jacket." he repeated, getting closer to theo.

"run!" y/n yelled out.

theo made a run for it following behind y/n and boris as the worker chased them until he gave up halfway. 

"i think..i think we lost him." theo said panting.

"that was close!" y/n said laughing as she caught her breath.

"what's so funny?"

"your face! and the steak!" she said through fits of laughter.

"maybe it was funny." 

in a long time, this was the first time y/n felt happy after her parents' death.