❄ Chapter 10 ❄

I'm bathed in the river while Snow holds me tight in the running stream. The water is up to his chest, while in contrast, the waterline is up to my damn neck.

Snow blinks his one eye, looking at the trees on the opposite river bank, while I shiver from the freeze.

"...I am uneasy, little one," Snow admits, "We should have received a message from the Queen a long time ago."

"B-But y-you k-killed h-her, w-when s-she s-shapeshifted i-into a-a r-raven –"

"Don't talk, idiot child," Snow snarls low, eventually taking his eyes off the tree line to gaze down at me, irate, "...and don't attempt to glare at me like that, Ellie. You're the one chilled to the bone. I don't even feel the cold," Snow is so arrogant and proud of this fact, "Keep that tongue still, until it's useful."

Excuse me?

I think not!

My whole body pulls and jerks away from him in rejection of his condescension, and Snow humours me by letting me go.

I only realise his amusement because he watches me get taken by the strong current in the river, while I try to use stiff legs and arms to stay afloat – I almost start to drown as the water nears my chin, covers my mouth in little rivulets and barely avoids my nostrils next.

I hold up my arms – help! Shit!

I didn't think it would take me so quickly, but I flail around while Snow just stands still, shaking his head at me; neutral expression.

Cruel wolf!

As soon as I look to be panicking, Snow finally dives forward. Under the water, he disappears and I hold my head up, gasping through my mouth when I can.

Eventually, I'm hoisted up over Snow's shoulder as he swims up from under me.

I half expect him to save me as his wolf, but he doesn't shift. He simply stands up, bringing my whole body out of the water.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know the current was that strong!" I whisper it through the cold, trying not to chatter my teeth.

Snow's shoulder lurches once to hoist me over further, and then he walks to the river bank and the green melted grass, still wet with fresh due from the melting winter.

Snow flops me down onto my back and notices I do not wince from the bruises on my ass – because the ice water really did numb the pain for me.

I hide my breasts though, attempting to sit up and failing from weakness. So, I lie back in a huff.

Snow stands at my feet, ankle deep in the dirt as he watches me, still calm, tilting his head left and right, this way and that, thinking inappropriate things no doubt.

"How sore are you now, Elli–?" Snow starts to ask, but I snap in quickly now.

"I will not sleep with you in this sorry state! I mean – I mean – in any state!" I try to fix my answer, I'm blushing beet red and Snow is rumbling with laughter. Not loud laughter, only quietly amused chuckles, because I'm totally at his mercy.

Argh.

"Please," I beg him with my eyes.

"Please – what, Ellie?" Snow raises a brow slowly.

Oh, um, crap.

I shouldn't beg this beast. He enjoyed begging beyond reason.

I notice it, by a little sneaky check, as I glance down, and indeed, Snow's flaccid cock starts to –

"No!" I yelp out from the sight of it, imagining how hard it's going to grow! Into something big and scary! Eeek! I roll onto my front, to bury my face in the grass. No, I did not want to look at his hard cock morphing like that.

But now, there is a sudden silence behind me.

When I glance over my shoulder to check, Snow is staring at my naked ass.

With a very hard and very long cock; even bigger than I had imagined as my worst fear.

Argh!

Snow glances up to my gaze and steps forward, to see me wince in fright.

"No –!" I start to scream again as he steps over me, but then he steps past me, slapping my abused ass once and hard, "OW!" I squeal as Snow stalks by me, now truly laughing robustly, "Stop mocking me!" I try to scramble up but I'm still still in every way.

So, I crawl forward as Snow disappears into the brush ahead of us.

"I'm finding food, you pathetic worm!" Snow yells to me without looking back.

At the mention of food, my stomach rumbles. Eventually the burning sun warms my icey ass – and I shuffle forward some more to grab more light.

I lay my cheek on my arm and I stare at the nook within the forest, that Snow has run into.

I expect he'll be some time.

My eyes droop; I'm bloody exhausted.

Some time later, Snow still doesn't show – but then I hear squelching boots in the mud, from the other side of the river bank, near the forest line.

When I glance backwards, my whole form freezes.

A search party from the Valley – looking for me... knowing where to look?!

"Over there!" one man calls, "Felton! Is that your niece?! Ellie!"

I try to scramble to my feet, to run off, but I can barely stand.

"Aye, grab that wench!" I stare at Felton, almost the splitting image of my adopted father. Felton was out looking for me. His dead brother's family on his mind. All that was left? I. And the will. In my name.

No wonder I was a target.

And Felton knows I'm an easy one at that.