Cory's Chronicle Part 1

Cory’s Chronicle Part 1

I had wanted to tell them ever since my Mam told me. I had found some interesting photographs of her and my father. I was such a fool but Jamie’s dad was incensed that we follow his and Roberts plan.  Yeah we have the powers but thing’s are not cool, very uncool in fact. I never intended to kill the guards just disarm them but Jamie. I think Jamie may have saw it differently as he hid behind his stands of golden blonde hair, sickened by what we were doing. The power had however sparked an evil in Daniel, something I thought would have been impossible but I could sense it. Scott or David may have followed the same path if they were not so busy arguing among themselves. They just would not understand that Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical.

Jamie had gone off to gather himself leaving me with these two nitwits. The power we had was great but knowing the origin give it purpose, I decided there and then after much consideration it was not the time to tell Scott and David. There are many more days until that time comes. I left them muttering and approached Martin who was sat sluggishly at the foot of a tree.

“Alright Martin?”

He looked at me like I was a stranger, like we had never met and said, “You expected this renovation of your DNA, and you know like I that the power you possess was not fashioned but concealed, why do you keep this concealed to your own self”.

I replied “and you have become much more intellectual and knowledgeable like your father once before the machine was built? is Martin still there?”

“Somewhere but he is weak intelligence is what you need to overcome the inedible evil and survive”. I froze like ice, I had heard murmurs of this great evil from my mother but i had not the slightest idea what it would consist of.

“Hmmmm, well for now let’s keep this between ourselves, there is no need for them to know, there not ready” I said

He replied “I concur” and I reached out an arm heaving him to his feet. He stood lifelessly. HE was a pale white, but his hand was emberingly warm. As if 99% of his energy was being transmitted directly to his brain. Least I wasn’t back over there that could fill a crisp bag with brain cells at times. 

Time passed, Jamie didn’t come back. I thought we must have horrified him. My hands were stained. I decided on something thought, maybe it was a mistake.

I announced “shit guy’s Jamie’s obviously sickened by us, where meant for more than this”

Scott twisted his face and said, “It had to be done”

I was horrified “No it did not Scott, are you an actual idiot, got anything between your ears…if you had not noticed friends are disappearing by the actual second.”

“Add another one to that list I’m sick of this rubbish!” and like that another friend was gone. It left me David and Martin.

David looked at me and shrugged his shoulder “don’t know whets eating him, I’ve said far worse about the big headed dodo”. Typical David as always, needed to take this seriously. It was time to follow my orders transporting as many of us as we could to a safe house. This is where the action really starts, the beginning of a new ere, a new Supreme Team, one most excellent.

“they reconfigure” Martin said, it was good to hear his darn voice.

“he’s speaking more bollocks then Irishman in St Patrick’s day”

“What do you mean Martin” I asked. He pointed. They were standing. We had not killed, we couldn’t it seemed, the whitebot’s were back, there guns again in our direction with less numbers then before. This was going to be more interesting.