Come On

In one swift move, Tanjiro cut the demon's head open.
    The woman who was watching him watched in amazement. A young boy with amazing skills.
She watched until the demon died.

Tanjiro sniffed and looked at one of the trees the woman was hiding behind at.
    He didn't hesitate to call her.
'Please, I can smell you. Don't hide.' The impressed woman revealed herself as she walked to Tanjiro.

Her big eyes looked trough Tanjiro's as he gulped in anxiety. He didn't know what he was thinking when he revealed his abilities.
    He thought he could forget about everything. He wished.

Tanjiro was scared. He was scared. Not until the woman finally spoke.
'My name is Amane Ubuyashiki. Yours?' She had such a soothing voice like his late mother.

'Ah...my name...' Tanjiro dozed off. 'Tanjiro Kamado.' He bowed politely not wanting to be rude.
   'What are you doing in this snowy mountain?' Tanjiro worriedly asked.
He seldom sees people in the mountains except for demons and himself. Even when the snow is heavy.

    'Oh, my destination is a long walk from here. It seems that I'll reach there until morning.' Amane smiled and looked at Tanjiro.

Tanjiro always felt uneasy when she was looking at his face as if there was something on it.
    But he knew what she was looking at.
His mark.

'I think it's quite dangerous heading there alone. Don't you need any company?'

    The woman looked away from him for a while and gave a thought as she turned back to Tanjiro.
    'Well, I suppose I do need some company...'

'Then I'll be glad to come with you!' Tanjiro happily rejoiced. Tanjiro thought to himself that it might be a good idea to go visit somewhere else.
    'I'll be happy with that since I'm kind of in a hurry.' Amane gave him a small warm smile.

Lucky for Tanjiro, he had all of his important and necessary belongings since he was planning on going somewhere far.

'Let's go then!' He cheered.

-

On the way, Amane had asked Tanjiro personal questions to get to know him better.

Luckily, they still have not encountered any demons yet.

'So, since you lived in the mountains all by yourself in one week...how many demons did you kill?' Amane inquired.
   Tanjiro counted with his fingers for a short while and looked forward. 'More than 50.' He kept the usual expression.
    She was impressed. She could tell that he was telling the truth but she just couldn't believe that with only a hatchet, he could chop off a demon's head in a swift move and at his age...

Tanjiro stopped walking. Amane looked at him confused.
    'What's the matter? Anything wrong?' She asked.

'There are demons nearby.' As he said that he grabbed out his hatchet while looking down.

    Amane heard shuffling in the bushes. But she didn't know that a demon popped up behind her.
    The disfigured demon's head was chopped off in a blink of an eye.

'Hurry, it seems that we are almost at your destination!' Tanjiro yelled.

'Stop it! That boy is mine, I had eyes on him first!' A demon in front of them angrily yelled at another demon.
    'No way! Why not just share 'em-' the other demon's head was chopped off, so as the other demon.

Tanjiro grabbed Amane's arm gently as they rushed to the destination. From a distance, he could see a man. A man wearing a haori with two different patterns, on his right side red while the other side geometrically patterns.
    But that didn't matter to him. He didn't want Amane to get hurt or else it will all be his fault.
Tanjiro threw Amane to the front and swiftly chopped the demon's head off who jumped from behind her. He didn't care that the blood-splattered everywhere, it always does. He didn't care he was covered by demon blood. Tanjiro always had his hands dirty in his previous life.
He wished he could forget about it.

    It felt like he already got used to the smell of blood. Tanjiro touched his mark. He could feel it. It felt hotter, but he got used to it.

They were there, finally there. Safe. He felt like he wanted to pass out but forced himself not to. 
    'Are you okay?' Amane's hoarse voice asked him. 'You're birthmark looks redder than before.' Tanjiro raised an eyebrow. 'It did...?' He thought. 'No need to worry...' he quickly turned around and forgot that the man was still there. The man knocked Tanjiro out with his koshirae.
    His body slowly fell into the arms of the man as Amane looked at him.
'Tomioka, you didn't need to do that.' she gently said. The said man, Tomioka, looked back at Amane with respect. 'I'm sorry, Amane. It was your husband's orders to knock out someone who is with you.'

Amane looked up at the sky to see the sun rising. '...'
    She always loved and cared deeply for her husband. And in return, he loves and cares for her back. He had always shown it to her.

'I understand. Did he told you anything else?' Amane asked.

Tomioka had looked at a different direction and nodded. 'Yes. He told me to bring the boy back to the headquarters.'
    She tilted her head a bit to the left side but was fine with it. 'Well, let's get going now.'

~~~~

A/N: My exams are coming next week so I might occasionally publish chapters. Guess we'll wait next year for Kimetsu no Yaiba anime season two to come after next episode.

28/9/2019
7.31 PM EST