ii: recovered dreams

Ever since the incident, Tanjiro continued to live a normal life as usual. As if nothing had happened. He didn't understand why he shrugged it off as if it was nothing. 

Was he heartless?

no. Tanjiro was the eldest. He did everything in order so that he would have a great future. He wasn't selfish. No, he wasn't. His heartaches. Tanjiro grabbed his haori tightly and put it next to his heart.

The haori made by Nezuko was getting soaked with Tanjiro's salty tears. Tugging it, he made convulsive gasps. Tanjiro wouldn't know what had happened, what had killed them.

Tanjiro cares too much for his family. That's why they died. If he hadn't left home on that snowy day, everything would have been fine. If only he had done the Kagura dance, then everything would have been fine. It really would have been fine if he was early.

It'll be fine if he would have died instead of them.

Every night, he still dreams.

Every day, he feels like its all a nightmare.

A nightmare where he can't escape from.

He pondered. Was it a hibernating bear searching for food? Or...

Tanjiro didn't want to believe it, but something inside him said he should. Was it Saburo jii-san who told him about 'them'? Those man-eating demons he talked about...

No. It can't possibly be.

He clenched his hatchet angrily but his face had an expression of sadness.

"Do I deserve this? Is this a punishment from God? If so, I do deserve this." Tanjiro sobbed as he cut wood to make a new shelter. A new home for himself. A new home where it was the same as his family's home.

To others, it was tough for a boy at his age to do such things.

He would repeat the same cycle. Make coal, go to the village, sell the coal, buy useful items, go back home, eat, sleep, and repeat.

There were times where he couldn't eat or buy useful items because of the fewer items in the village. From that day onward, Tanjiro started to make more coal for the neighbors and made the price cheaper.

He was barely even 2-years-old when he knew that he wasn't the only own suffering in this beautiful, yet cruel, world.

~.~.~

I woke up to catch a glimpse of the red moon I usually see in my nightmares. Even though I have seen it so many times, I'm still not used to it. It bothers me. I was back in the same scenery. From the start, I regain consciousness in a forest. I can either choose two paths.

The north path, or the south path. The most preferred option is the north. But if I stay at my spawn, I would most likely get killed by something hideous. If I go south, I will also get killed by the same thing.

Any options I choose, I will still get killed by 'that'.

I'm usually in the body of a well-built man who seems like a samurai to me since he carries a katana. Not to mention, he also has red hair like mine.

I smacked my head, realizing I was wasting time. Running to the north path, I took out my katana from its sheath.

Gasping, I suddenly fell into a hole.

The hole was pitch black and unexpectedly wide. All I felt was something new. Something I've never felt before.

This was new. A new death, I suppose?

....

..

.

"I hate you."

~.~.~

566 words

Date: 7/11/2019
Time: 3:10 PM EST