Ukiyo

Ukiyo

[ u - key - yo ](n.) living in the moment, detached from the bothers of life"The Floating World"

~~~~

Sometimes, I felt like big brother had always despised me. And yet, I still treated him like one.
    He sometimes had smiled to himself and I knew I wasn't the reason for it. As we grew older, we became 'Demon Slayers'.  The Demon Slayings Corps is an organization that protects humanity from demons.

    Then, in a blink of an eye. I was known to be the strongest Demon Slayer in its history.
Everyone had despised me, of course. But the one who despised be the most was big brother. Since the beginning, he disliked my existence.
    And yet, I still cared for him as my brother.

After a few years of being in the organization, I had never seen big brother. But that didn't matter to me back then. I just had a mission to do.
    I encountered the first individual of its kind. I was almost close to killing him but my body wouldn't allow it.

Muzan Kibutsuji escaped from my hands. Years passed by and I still haven't seen big brother.
    I always wondered why he hated me. I kept searching for him as I grew older.
And I did find him on the night of a red moon. His appearance was what had shocked me. I pity him. What kind of monster that man is. Turning my brother against me.

Back then I had thought wrong. He wasn't against me. He was against me since the beginning of my existence. Despite that, I was still devoted to him as a brother.
    I know that he intended to kill me but something stopped him from doing that. Was it because of the tears coming out of my dull eyes?

I grabbed my sword and dashed past him, leaving an open scar on his neck. I thought to myself that big brother might feel the pain, but the wound won't stay there forever.

    With one final look, I closed my eyes.

Then, I woke up. A beautiful woman in front of me and a very frail man beside her. At first, I never knew that I would live a normal life that will soon be taken away.

~~~~

A/N: I wrote this in a rush so there might be a few mistakes here. I don't want to edit it though.
9:12 PM EST
28/9/2019