i: a change is going to come

Kamado Tanjiro was a sick child like his father and had possessed a red mark on the top left of his forehead.
Although he was very sick, he still wanted to do something for his parents. And with that said, he did.

Tanjiro was a very, very strange child. He held his father's hatchet as if it was a katana, kept having someone's dreams... All of those made his parents worry.

It was usual for someone to have forgotten about their dreams after waking up. But for Tanjiro, he would never forget the color red. It was his family's color. He had always seen it. He had always seen those in his dreams.

Red, red, and red.

Tanjiro felt his body getting separated while dreaming. It was like he was floating in the air. But when he looks down, he was getting separated. Tanjiro felt like blood splattered everywhere when he saw a red moon during the dream.

Each night, he would quietly cry to sleep, not wanting his parents or siblings to hear it. They might get worried, again.

Tanjiro stopped crying. He was the eldest, he must be strong so that his family could live a better future. He breathed, and he breathed.

Each night, each dream. Tanjiro breathed on and on. Then, the bad dreams stopped. He was relieved at that, but couldn't get over with his first and last dream. Tanjiro shrugged it off as if it was nothing to him.

He pondered to himself. "Who was that man?" Tanjiro couldn't hear nor see the face of the man. He didn't want to dream about that stuff again, so he stopped thinking.

Tanjuro was relieved to hear that his son stopped dreaming about nightmares. He did the Kagura dance all night for his son. Then, everything became normal for Tanjiro.
Wake up early, help his father make charcoal, help the rest of the family while his father goes to the village to sell the charcoal, eat, sleep, repeat.

Everything will be, will be. But little did Tanjiro knew that the nightmares won't stop when a certain event happens to the Kamado family.

~ . ~ . ~

Tanjiro never gets to spend that much time with his mother or siblings after his father's death. Then, the nightmares came back.

It kept bothering and bothering Tanjiro. Oh how much he wanted his father to come back, the fact made him sad. Of course, anyone would be sad after a friend, acquaintance, relative, or either a family member's death.

The earrings he got from his father encouraged Tanjiro. It was one of a few things Tanjuro gave to his son, the rest being his knowledge and Kagura dance.

It was passed down by his father, his grandfather, great-grandfather, and many more.

But, to Tanjiro, it was the first thing he had seen before he was born. He didn't know where he had seen it. Tanjiro just couldn't remember when.

He shrugged it off like he always does.

As he heads back to his home after sleeping at Saburo's house, Tanjiro could smell the sense of something disgusting. Something he had smelt usually in his nightmares.

Blood.

Running as fast as he can, Tanjiro didn't know he was too late. His mother and siblings' corpse was already cold before he got home. Someone was missing though, and Tanjiro already knows who it is. And that person was Nezuko.

He searched everywhere, but no signs of her could be found. He wanted to stare at the clouds, but all he could stare at was the snow mixed with red.

The sight was usual for him. He had seen it before. Every night, he does.

Tanjiro wished this could just be another nightmare.

But not a nightmare where he can't escape from.

~.~.~

614 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼

𝓓𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓟𝓾𝓫𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓭: 31/10/2019
𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓟𝓾𝓫𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓭: 6.41 AM EST

⇗ ⇖