Chapter 4- To This Day

In some cases, it's the truth that inflicts more pain than the lie itself. To some people, telling the truth is rather difficult than telling a lie. But when it comes to finding out in a way that shouldn't have been imagined, it can really change a person. For better or for worse, being the same person is never the chosen option.

To this day, the former boss's granddaughter, (Y/n) (L/n), was never going to be found. There were many searches for her the Port Mafia held, and Mori even offered a cash prize for the one who brought her to him. Being raised in a mafia and having abilities did have its perks after all. For instance, combat training in self-defense, access to certain areas of the city and obtaining anything she wanted. However, being educated in a criminal background wasn't something she wanted to remain apart of.

(Y/n) looked for something positive in each and every day after fleeing the Port Mafia. During some days, she had to seek a bit harder and face the challenges that made who she is to this day. Of course, blame was placed on herself for trusting and relying on the wrong people, such as Dazai and Mori. In fact, not a day went by where (Y/n) build up hate and anger towards Osamu.

Years upon years went by, and the hunt for (Y/n) was finally exterminated as if Mori gave up, in which he certainly did. It was too late for the Port Mafia anyways. Not even a month later, (Y/n) became a rat and exposed secrets and techniques of the Port Mafia to anther alliance, which was known as Risen Rebels.

At the age of seventeen, (Y/n) discovered the Risen Rebels by accident. When scurrying through the city and accidentally revealing her inhuman abilities, she was kidnapped in an unpleasant way. Thankfully, this gang wasn't anything like the Port Mafia. In fact, the Risen Rebels were a group of supernatural humans that wanted to take down Port in the worse way possible and expose the truth of what happened to her grandfather.

From that day on, and to this day now, (Y/n) went by the name of Marionettist Mentalist. Her style of clothing continued to be the same, and her appearance and personality also improved in her own way over the years.

Five years later, the case on the discovery of the identity and location of the White Tiger was now in her hands. It took this long for this request to commence after the leader of Risen Rebels fell ill after refusing to accept treatment. The Port Mafia regained their determination on capturing (Y/n) once information about her whereabouts was leaked into the press. Unfortunately, the boss, Recu Timmons, of the Risen Rebels stepped in and challenged an ability battle with a current Port member.

After the sudden death of Recu, the agency he created was placed in the trusting hands of (Y/n) (L/n). Within those four months of research on unveiling the trust about the White Tiger and where it has been, it all traced back to someone she wished she had forgotten.

The White Tiger was classified as the Beast Beneath the Moonlight. That meant the ability the user was able to transform into a white tiger at will or in the moonlight of a full moon. As cliché, as it sounded, (Y/n) didn't know what to categorize this user in. Hell, she didn't even know who this person was, but she did come to the realization of who was keeping the individual a secret. That person was none other than Osamu Dazai.

As those five years passed, Osamu also had his own obstacles to overcome. After leaving the Port Mafia soon after (Y/n) did, but for his own reasons, he became a full-time partner of another special ability's group, which was the Armed Detective Agency. However, this union was apart of the public, because it focused on solving crimes that were often considered to be too violent or difficult for the police to handle. With that statement being made, nearly all of the detectives within the company have their own special powers.

The absence of (Y/n) was clearly understandable. As the years went by until he reached the age he is now, which is twenty-two, he committed over forty-five attempts of suicide. He had made enemies along the way, such as the Port Mafia, but none were allowed the acceptance to execute him from this world. To this day, Dazai kept his vow to the words (Y/n) told him long ago. If anyone was going to kill him, it would have to be her.