Chapter 35

You heard gunshots and people yelling from outside. Rick went over to the door and opened it. You walked out following him into another building. You hid behind a wall waiting for the people who had Maggie and Glenn. Daryl and Rick grabbed smoke bombs out of the bag and through them. Once the smoke was all over they grabbed Glenn and Maggie and you ran. You came out of the door running down the street until you came to a building. Daryl opened the door and you all ran inside but she didn't come in after you just shut the door and took off.

"Ain't no way out back here." Daryl yelled. "Rick, how did you find us?" Maggie asked. You knelt down in front of Glenn checking him out. "How bad are you hurt?" You asked him. "I'll be alright." He said. "Where's that woman?" Maggie asked. You all looked around but Michonne wasn't there. "She was right behind us," Rick said looking out the window. "Maybe she was spotted." Oscar said.  "Want me to go look for her?" Daryl said and you turned around looking at him. "No. We gotta get them out of here. She's on her own." Rick told him.  "Daryl, this was Merle. It was. He did this." Glenn said. You looked at him then at Daryl in shock. "You saw him?," Daryl asked Glenn.-"Face to face. Threw a walker at me. He was gonna execute us." Glenn told him. "S-So my brother's this governor?" Daryl stuttered out. "No, it's somebody else. Your brother's his lieutenant or something," Maggie told. "Of course," you whispered. "Does he know I'm still with you?" Daryl asked. You didn't like that, what if He finds him and stays with him. "He does now. Rick, I'm sorry. We told him where the prison was. We couldn't hold out." Glenn said. "Don't. No need to apologize." Rick knelt down in front of Glenn squeezing his arm. "They're gonna be looking for us." Maggie said. "We have to get back." Rick said. You went to Glenn asking "Can you walk?" " We got a car a few miles out." Rick told him. "I'm good." Glenn said while Maggie and Rick helped him up. "Easy take your time." You told him.

  "Alright. Hey, if Merle's around, I need to see him." Daryl said. You spun around glaring at him you were about to day something until Rick started talking seeing the Look on your face. "Not now. We're in hostile territory." He told Daryl. "He's my brother. I ain't--" Daryl started but you cut him off pointing to Glenn  "Look at what he did!" "Look, we gotta-- we gotta get out of here now." Rick told him. "Maybe I can talk to him. Maybe I can work something out." Daryl said. "No, no, no. You're not thinking straight. Look, no matter what they say, they're hurt." Rick said. "Glenn can barely walk." You told him. "How are we gonna make it out if we get overrun by walkers and this governor catches up to us? I need you. Are you with me?" Rick asked him looking him in the eye. "Yeah." Daryl said he looked at you but you just looked away helping Maggie with Glenn.

  Daryl knelt down with a smoke bomb in his hand, he pulled the pin and waited for Rick to open the door. "On three. Stay tight," Rick told you. "One, two, three." Rick opened the door and Daryl threw the smoke bomb out into the street. The bomb went off filling the street with smoke. "Let's go!" Rick said And you all walked out of the door guns up Daryl had his crossbow up  "There they are!" You heard someone say and you started shooting the people on top of the wall. " Behind you!" Daryl yelled and he came running at you shooting at the people behind you. You turned around running and shooting.  "Go! Get cover! Get there. Go, go, go!" Rick said. You ran and took cover by one of the buildings to reload and check your surroundings. "How many? - I didn't see." Rick asked. "It doesn't matter. There's gonna be more of them." Daryl said.

  "Any grenades left?" Rick asked Daryl. "Uh-huh." Daryl said, getting them out. "Get 'em ready. We got a gun into the wall." Rick said. Maggie looked around the corner shooting at the people in the street. "You guys go ahead. I'm gonna lay down some cover fire." Daryl said. "No!" You told him. "No, we gotta stay together." Maggie said. "Too hairy." Rick said. "I'll be right behind you." Daryl said more to you then anyone. Maggie shot around the corner and Daryl threw a bomb into the streets. As the street filled with smoke you got Ready to run again. "Ready? Move! Let's get out of here! Come on! Keep going! This way!" Rick said. You all ran towards the bus as Daryl covered you. You stopped looking back. "Daryl! Daryl!" You yelled. "Y/N go I'll be right behind ya. Go!" He yelled. You But ran to the bus and climbed up Rick helping you. Oscar was shot so Maggie shot him in the head so he wouldn't turn and climbed up on the bus. "Daryl!" You yelled  "Go!" He yelled back. You jumped down hiding behind the broken down jeep. "Come Daryl," Rick said, reloading his gun.

  You heard a noise behind you. Turning around you see Michonne crawling out from under the wall. Rick went over to her pointing his gun at her. "Where the hell were you?" He asked her. She stood up looking at him. "Put your hands up." He said she put her hands up half way. He told her to turn around and as she did he  took her sword. She backed up against the wall and Rick looked at her asking her "Get what you came for?" "Where are the rest of your people?" She asked. "They got Oscar," Glenn said, pointing his gun at her. "Daryl is missing, you didn't see him?" You asked worriedly. "If anything happens to him..." Rick began. "I brought you here to save them." Michonne said. "Thanks for the help." Rick told her. "You'll need help to get them back to the prison or to go back in there for Daryl. Either way, you need me," She said. "Rick We have to go back for Daryl." You said Rick looked at her heaving a sigh.

"Take Glenn back to the car with Michonne," Rick told you. "What? No! I'm going with you!" You said. "He needs you Y/N!" Rick said. Maggie came over to you putting her hand on your shoulder "We'll bring him back I promise." She told you. "Please help Glenn." You nodded "okay, yeah fine." You said. Her and Rick ran off and Michonne helped you get Glenn back to the car.