Chapter 8- Mari?!

I ran into David's chest as we watched Ian propose. I composed myself as best I could. I was great friends with Melanie. She and I went and got brunch every Sunday when I dated Peter. Then we would go shopping and spend the day together. Ian was done proposing David and I walked out with Anthony and Kalel. "Congrats!!!" they yelled. i tried to be enthusiastic. but, I was wondering if Melanie would recognize me. Melanie was looking at all of us. "Mari?" 'Hey, Mel." Melanie ran up and hugged me. "Mari!" All the great memories flooded back to me. "Mel, I've missed you". I said into her shoulder. "Me to" she said into mine. We pulled away from the embrace we saw everyone's confused faces. "Mari dated my late brother, a few years ago" Melanie explained."small world huh?" Ian said. The whole group conversed for an hour or so. David and I walked back to my place. We were sitting on my couch. I snuggled into him and tears began to fall silently down my face. nothing against mel but all the emotions came flooding back. "D-d-David" "Babe what's wrong" I didn't say anything but just tried to reduce the amount of space between us. "I love you David." "I love you too baby. Now let's go to sleep"
A/N: asdfghjklasdfghjklasdfghjkl. did you guy like this chapter. I kind of have writers block so this was a wee bit hard to write.