(55)

Song Above: Jorja Smith Lonely

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

I lay my head against the tiles allowing myself to sink deeper into the water. I looked down at the transparency now a mixture of colours swirling around my naked frame. I lifted my hand to wipe my stray hairs from my face and watched as the steam from my skin evaporated into the air around me just like my friendship with Rose and Ryan did.

I let out a sigh.

"You okay in there?" Brody emerged in the doorway. His brown hair was dishevelled and his eyes never left my face. He wore a plain black t-shirt and joggers that hung low on his hips. 

Despite the harsh bruise on his cheek and the tiny red gash on his lip, he looked utterly beautiful.

"I'm okay," I forced a smile and he shook his head.

He walked over and sat on the toilet seat lid. He ran his fingers along my arm that rested on the edge of the bath. He focused on my skin prickling at his touch as he spoke, "Ivy, I know you well enough to know when you aren't and when you are okay. You don't need to lie to me."

I chewed on my lip, "Well, of course, I'm not okay, but I will be okay. I just need to take a breather and allow today to sink in,"

The whole school had found out about Brody and me thanks to their fight in the hallway. There was a mixture of reactions from people. It mostly consisted of sneers and sly remarks in my direction because of course, Brody would always be the king of school in their eyes.

I was just the witch who had cast a spell on their beloved soccer player. I wouldn't have expected it any other way.

We had been suspended for violence on school property. I wouldn't call throwing paint at each other violence but I didn't make the rules I just apparently break them. I couldn't risk being seen at home by my mom, she'd been weird since meeting Brody, so he let me clean up at the cabin. He said I could stay for a few days but I thought it would be better to have some distance.

Especially since I had a lot to process. Rose had blacklisted me. It was a very bizarre mixture of emotions. I knew we weren't on good terms but our arguments never lasted too long. A few weeks mostly but we'd always find our way back to each other.

But this time was different.

My best friend was no longer my best friend and I felt my heart sink to my stomach at the thought of the finality of it all. Years of friendship thrown away as if it never existed or mattered.

"Ivy," He breathed with his whiskey coloured eyes zeroing on my face, "Talk to me, I'm here for you to talk to, I promise I will not talk but just listen,"

"I just..." My lip wobbled and I had to bite it to stop the tears from escaping. I sucked in a deep breath through my nose. The words were there at the tip of my tongue but for some reason, I couldn't say them. It was like my ears didn't want to hear myself say them.

"Come here," He gushed placing a hand on my head so his fingers were entwined with my wet hair and pulled me so I leant my head on his chest.

You know when you feel like you are going to cry and you think you've got it under control until someone asks you if you are okay and then it is as if the flood gates are opened?