(53)

Song Above: I Wish I Missed My Ex.

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

I flipped over the pages from my text book, scanning the heaps of words on the pages, but finding myself unable to register the information.

My mind was occupied with a swarm of thoughts from the past couple of weeks.

Rose had cheated on Brody, then Ryan had cheated on me, then Brody and I had finally admitted our feelings for each other, then Brody had met his moms murderer, who was in fact paid to kill his mom and I couldn't tell Brody of that fact because it would put his life in danger.

And breathe.

My life had turned into an episode of Gossip Girl and there was no chance I could press the rewind button.

I didn't ask for this drama. I was perfectly fine before. I had Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube to allow me to watch drama without participating and now I was in the screen amongst it.

It had gone from a Teen Romance to a full on Horror movie in the matter of months. My tiny brain could not comprehend it.

I squinted my eyes and tried to focus on school but again the words weren't sinking in and they seemed like a jumbled mess on the page.

I rubbed at the spot between my eyes and sighed.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out to find a message from my mom.

I'm going away for a few days. I will be back soon. Theres money on the counter and food in the fridge. Love you x

Weird.

My mom never messaged me when she was going away. She normally did a Houdini disappearing and reappearing. By the time I realised she was gone she'd be back again.

So where was she going?

Dinner with Brody had been a disaster. My mom had turned into Godzilla and walked out on us. I didn't see her until the evening and even then she tried to avoid me.

Her reasonings for her ice cold behaviour towards Brody was foreign to me. He didn't have a reputation and maybe she'd heard about it and thought I deserved better. I didn't know and I didn't care. I lost a lot of respect for my moms opinion when my father died.

"Hey Ivy,"

I pulled myself away from my thoughts and looked up at someone I didn't expect to see at the end of my table.

Rubbing at the back of his neck and awkwardly looking around the room stood Craig.

"Hi?" I raised a brow.

Last time I had seen him he was butt naked standing in Roses living room. I'm glad he's wearing clothes this time around.

"Can I talk for a second?"

Before I could protest he had sank to the seat next to me. It felt weird like dejavu.

"What can I help you with today Craig?"

I felt like a customer service advisor, who really didn't give a shit about their customers and was clock counting as they waited for closing time.

Craig was that customer that came into the store minutes before closing.

"Um," He laughed awkwardly and I just blinked, "You're close to Brody right?"

Very close.

"I mean he's alright,"