Chapter 1

Yearofthemonkey11: so you wanna play another game? You're like the only girl
I know that makes a good damage.
Jinxipoo61: you flatter me. Yea I'll play another with you but I need to go to bed after that.
Yearofthemonkey11: bed? It's like 1pm!
Jinxipoo61: for you! It's past midnight here.
Yearofthemonkey11: gotta love that time difference huh. When are you going to let me show you around Seoul?
Jinxipoo61: Chan, we've been friends for like 6 months. You know I don't have the money to go that far by myself. What if you're a creep or something? Then I'm stuck in a foreign country lol
Yearofthemonkey11: you know I ain't a creep. We skype all the time. Remember that time you saw my abs? What creep has abs like me?

I couldn't help but blush bright red as I remembered that night. It was probably the third time we Skyped and he came to the camera in nothing but a towel around his waist. "I was in the shower! Miiiahnnnhae!" I knew he was lying because his skin looked completely dry. Giggles crossed my lips as he posted an impatient gif in our chat, to which I responded;
Jinxipoo61: start the damn game Chanyeol.

The game is where we met. It was some MOBA style game where the focus was eliminating the other teams podiums and killing them if they got in the way. I always played Jinxi, a small, fiery sharp shooter, who I had built the most damage with. The night we met, I had been staying up late due to it being summer break. A lot more people play the game late at night so I knew I wouldn't run into any bots. He was a tank playing for the other team and he kept making fun of my name. I made sure to keep my aim on him and killed him 5 times. As the game ended, he added me as a friend and messaged me soon after. I didn't even realized he lived on the other side of the world until he kept hitting me up in the middle of the night.
The next few times we talked, he wanted to exchange skype ids and we video chatted that day. He barely fit in the screen until he leaned down in his gamer chair. He looked so sweet but manly at the same time. My focus never left his dimples and he told me he couldn't stop staring at how cute my freckles were. He kept complimenting my curly hair and I kept giggling at his smile. We stayed on that call for a solid 12 hours, because we both fell asleep at a point. The day after that, he called me beautiful and we never lost contact.
Staying up late every night to play with him meant I was sacrificing the hours of sleep I needed to prepare for my first grade class. Luckily winter break was starting after tomorrow, so I would be able to catch up on some needed sleep.

"Dang girl! Another late night with Loey huh?" My second cup of espresso hit my lips as I cut my eyes at my favorite coworker, "Mel shut up."
"Girl you must really like him. You sure you only saw abs?"
"Yes I'm positive. He's just a fun guy." I responded, pushing her slightly.
"Mmmm a fun guy huh. When's the last time you let a guy here take you out?"
Sighing, I replied, "don't start. I'm just not interested right now."
She shook her head and laughed, "uh huh sure. Hey! During New Years, we're having a house party out in Elizabeth. You down?"
"Oh that's a bet."

Once class started, I queued up one of those classic claymation Christmas movies for the kids as they worked on cards and ornaments. I could barely keep my eyes open until my phone  started vibrating in my pocket. I took the moment to sneak the phone under my desk to see it was him, texting me through kakaotalk:

[Chanyeol] I'm staring at the moon, thinking about you...
[You]: what about me?
[Chanyeol] how if you were next to me right now, your hair would block the moon cuz it's so big.
[You]: Fuck you Chan
[Chanyeol]: ㅎㅎㅎ 보고싶다 ...
[You]: I miss you too baby giant...sleep well.
[Chanyeol]: you coulda stopped at baby you know. Or maybe some other pet name for me...don't you Americans call your boyfriends "Daddy"?
No he didn't! I muffled my giggles before answering,
[You] You are not my boyfriend Chan...you're my Oppaaaaa....
[Chanyeol] Fuck you im going to bed lol...but before I go...should I buy it?

My face drops as I see the airline information; Seoul to NYC, round trip, December 29-January 2.

[You] are you sure? It's so expensive...
[Chanyeol]: I want to kiss you on New Years...not through a damn screen...will you be my New York City guide?

The hard thumps of my heart overshadows the drawn breathes I was taking in. Was I really going to have him in my home? With my friends? With...me? Everything in me was saying no...don't do it. However, the smallest voice told me to take a chance. I look away from the screen, answering back,

[You]: Of course...
[Chanyeol]: It's done...