Chapter 3 - Hunting & Ramen

Chapter 3 – Hunting & Ramen

“Ikuze-Sasuke!” Naruto charged at his opponent kunai ready. Sasuke forced himself not to role his eyes and just gave a smirk of confidence.

“You’re to strait forward dobe.” He said, blocking the cut that was aimed at him. Coming up behind Naruto, he kicked him in the back sending him flying forward.

“Err-!”

“Naruto! Didn’t Lady Tsunade tell you to take it easy? You’ve only been out of the hospital for a week!” Sakura barked from her seat on the ground. She was setting up lunch for her and her teammates, thinking a little picnic would make Naruto relax. She was wrong.

“You’ve got to be kidding me Sakura-chan! I feel great, in fact I’ve never felt this alive before!”

“Hee-then let me help take care of that for you.” Sasuke went to roundhouse kick him and Naruto ducked down dodging.

“Hee-hee-to slow Teme!”

“Well see who’s to slow!” he growled activating his Sharingan. For someone who had just gotten out of the hospital, Naruto was pretty fast on his feet. Naruto, fingers crossed in front of him, was about to do his signature jutsu when Sasuke hesitated.

“What the-“

“Hey-don’t let your guard down!”

Sasuke didn’t even blink as the shadow clones were sent on him. But there was something wrong here. Naruto’s chakra was spread out but he was defiantly aware of the real one... Held down by two of the clones he tried to figure out what it was he saw, when the real Naruto’s fist came at his face and stopped.

“What’s wrong with you Teme?” he barked irritably. Since when did Sasuke get jelly legged in one of their fights. “You’re not even trying.”

Sasuke blinked. There they were again-nine slashing tails of chakra only he could see. He kicked both clones, dispelling them. Naruto thinking they were starting there round again grinned like a fox. He pulled his arm back and instead of turning it into a fist slashed at Sasukes front.

‘Are those claws?’

The look in Sasuke’s eyes made Naruto pause for a moment. A second later he regretted it as Sasuke had him by the shirt collar, and was looking him in the eyes with his Sharingan. Quite suddenly Naruto felt anger. Not for Sasuke, but for those eye’s he was looking at him with. Sudden killing intent radiated of him and Sasuke dropped him on the ground. He snarled.

“Naruto!” Sakura’s annoyed voice was the one thing that broke him out of the sudden red haze of his thought. “Both of you come eat!”

“Coming Sakura-chan!” the killing intent was completely gone and forgotten now.

Sasuke who had dropped the Sharingan was looking at him perplexedly. “Hey baka, you feeling alright?” he asked. Now even Sakura looked at him funny as he said this. It wasn’t like Sasuke to be concerned-least of all about Naruto!

Naruto shrugged then grinned again, “Don’t mess with me-you’re not getting out of the next fight so easily!”

Sasuke scoffed and sat down on the blanket Sakura had laid on the ground. Naruto who was already there, looked ecstatic at the food. If he had a tail, Sasuke was sure it would be wagging vigorously.

That made his thoughts go back to what he had just seen.

That strange red chakra again… and that killing intent. It had almost made his spine freeze. Taking a bite out of a rice ball, he was still looking at his over active teammate searchingly. As usual he was cramming food into his mouth with inhuman vigor.