Chapter 10 - Sakura's Strength

Chapter 10 – Sakura’s Strength

A cold breeze passed over Sasuke and his face tightened.  Had he left the window open?  No, he remembered packing his bag and-

His eye’s snapped wide and took in the starry night sky.  “What happened…” he mumbled looking around at the small disaster area.  His memories all came flooding back.  ‘So, he’s gone.’

Sasuke picked up the backpack that had been discarded after Naruto attacked him.  He put his arm through the straps and began to walk.

“W-wait-Sasuke…” a weak voice pleaded and he turned to see Sakura struggling to her feet.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m leaving Konoha.”

“What?”

“You heard me Sakura, there’s nothing left for me here.  You’re all too weak so I’m going to Orochimaru.” His back turned to her.

Sakura felt her heart break.  He was serious!  “No!” she cried stumbling forward and latching onto him from behind.  “You can’t-can’t do this Sasuke-I can’t loose both of you!  Not like this!” she sobbed.  “I don’t know why you said those things to Naruto-but you can’t have meant them!  If you go I swear-I’ll scream!” she threatened.  They both new that if she did someone in the village would come running.  Being seen with two outranking Shinobi, plus the Hokage unconscious, wasn’t something the Uchiha wanted to deal with.  He sighed and a second later he was behind her.

The girl gasped.  She felt her heart pounding.  “Sasuke-I care about you and Naruto.  Please don’t leave so we can get our team back together.”  There was a long moment of silence.  Sasuke shoved his emotions in a tight corner and never looked back.

“Sakura,” he whispered close to her ear.  “Arigato.”  He knocked her out with on swift motion.  She crumpled at his feet.  Sasuke looked down at her tear stained face.

‘There’s nothing left in Konoha for you.  You’re weak and can’t even protect the little friendships you have…’ Orochimaru’s voice echoed in the background and Sasuke cringed.  “Revenge is all I need.” He said out load.  With that he undid his Konoha Hitai-Ate, turned his back on the village and fled.

***

Kakashi looked deadly serious at his pink haired student.  “Are you sure that’s exactly what he said?”

She nodded and he didn’t like the look of blank deadness on her face.  They were in the Hokage’s office and it had only been a few hours since the adults had woken up.  Tsunade had been tending to Sakura when she’d come conscious and told them Sasuke had gone.

“I’ll form a squad to go after him.”  Tsunade said then order Shizune to bring her Shikamaru.  This seemed to break Sakura out of her empty stare.

“Let me go too Hokage-sama! I want to-“

“Out of the question.” Tsunade didn’t even raise her voice.  Sakura’s face turned red.

“He’s my teammate-I have to bring him back!  I have to bring them both home!” she shouted in a very unSakura like manner.  She slammed her palms on the Hokage’s desk.  “I won’t loose both of them in the same day-I won’t!”

Tsunade’s narrow gaze never left her.  “You are to emotionally attach to the objective, which could cause a hindrance to the mission.”

“Then let me go after Naruto-some one has to bring him back-”