Chapter 17 - Mt. Myouboku

Naruto grin from a perch on one of the large green leaves that covered Mt. Myouboku.  It had been a long time since he’d tormented something other then humans, and the Sage Toads of this region looked like so much fun to mess with.  He snickered, ‘Who ever heard of Toads that could be Sages?’

Creeping forward he bent his head down to look at the forms underneath him.  He’s eyes still shown a bit at how big these creatures got!  If he hadn’t had a bad experience eating a toad as a child, he might have thought about hunting one of them. 

‘Hee, just look at that fat yellow one there.’ He had to suppress a giggle.  He’d found his way to this place through on of the demon realms hidden gates. 

‘It’s almost like fate.  Some deity of chaos must be on my side today.’

He rubbed his hands together.  “Alright… what trick should I pull on them?”

“Perhaps you should turn them pink with yellow polka dots…”

“Hee, yeah, that would be fun.  But I’m not sure what kind of spell to use for…” Naruto’s tails bristled as he looked behind him.  The toad watching him was old, but smaller then the rest.  “Oh, crap…”

“You think so?”

Naruto tried to leap to another large leaf, but was stopped by a dry warty hand rapping around his ankle.

“Not so fast young one, I’m especially curious about you.”

“Let me go you old fart before I eat you for lunch!” the kitsune boy tried to scare him, but it did little to faze the old toad.  From bellow the other two amphibians looked up.  One of them, mostly burnt orange with dark-blue markings, wrinkled his brow.

“What’s wrong brother?  Who’s that yelling?”  The seconded, a fat yellow toad with gold-orange markings asked.

“I don’t know – sounded familiar though, a lot like –“

There was a crash in the greenery near them making Gamakichi and Gamatatsu turn their head sharply.  Gamakichi being the more outgoing of the two immediately followed the sound, hopping into the mossy brush.

“Ouch – who the heck are –“

There was a loud sound of rustling, and suddenly the toad hopped back out into the open.

“Freaky frog brained – “

“Hey who are you calling a frog brain!” identical to the toad that just came out was another Gamakichi.  His yellow companion looked confused.

“Brother, did you learn a new technique?” he asked while cocking his head between the two toads.

“What no –“

“Don’t listen to that guy – he’s an imposter!”

ME!!!  You’re the one who fell on my face you little –“

There was some chuckling, and all three boys looked up to see an old toad watching them.

“Fukasaku –jiji!” Gamatatsu said cheerily hopping over where the old toad patted his head.  “Has brother learned a new jutsu from you?”

“I’m afraid not, it seems we had a little trickster in our presence.”

One of the Gamakichi’s twitched with a small vein budging.  “Come on Gama-chan it’s obviously me!” he cried pointing an accusing webbed finger at the form next to him.   The toad just rolled his eyes.